Not sure what I should use...

Participant count
  • Participant list

trippvail

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone, first time post here but hoping I can get some insight and direction. I know very little about speakers, amps, subs and LOC in general, but I know wiring and cars pretty well. I feel like my factory system in my TLX is way under-powered (don't we all) and want some more oomph, but not sure how I should go about doing it. Details follow.

Vehicle: 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec (has navi and ELS system)

Music taste: Rock, some rap/hip hop/pop, 80s, Audiobooks, kids songs...

Current in possession of:
1x Alpine SWR-1243D Type-R mounted in a large single ported box
2x Alpine SWE-1043 Type-Es mounted in a smaller sealed box
1x Rockford Fosgate Power 501bd mono amp
1x Alpine MRV-V500 5-channel amp
1x AudioControl LC6i
Absolutely no wiring

Wat do.... no really should I actually attempt to wire up factory speakers to the V500 through LC6, and use the Type-R with the 501bd? The amount of work seems....daunting and finding a wiring diagram wouldn't exactly be easy. Should I just run the single sub and amp I was planning to add bass?

Any suggestions would be huge, as I would really like more depth to my system. It can get decently loud, and the mids are pretty good in the doors but I know I lack bass and fullness. The 2 1043s actually fit better against the back seat then the 1 1243 does, but I don't really use my trunk anyways so...

IMG_0842.jpg

Last edited:
you answered a lot of your own questions. If the mids and highs sound good enough all you need to do is to add the sub on the monoblock amp and the sealed box works better fit wise so viola there's your system.

An sub specific loc is going to connect to your factory system just like the lc6i so might as well connect the subs using the lc6i so at least you have options if your bass drowns our your factory mids and highs

you answered a lot of your own questions. If the mids and highs sound good enough all you need to do is to add the sub on the monoblock amp and the sealed box works better fit wise so viola there's your system.

Do you think I would be able to wire the two 10s to the newer V500 amp so that I could use a bass knob for control? Kids sometimes ride in the car, I would rather not have to dig through menus to lower things down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.