Not enough Power ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

snidly

CarAudio.com Newbie
ca
I installed a Kenwood Head Unit with Polk Audio MM1 6.5 Components in front and rear doors powered with a JL AUDIO 450/4 and 2 12" BAMF 124's powered by a JL AUDIO 1500/1.
Its not loud at all and I am not sure why. Is a 4 channel amp better than 2 2 channel amps ? This system is in a Hummer h2. I removed the stock BOSE amplifier and ran new speaker wire to the rear doors and the back B pillar speakers but used the stock wires for the front tweeters and front door speakers , did I miss something in the wiring or ?. Thank You.

Was the old stuff louder than the new stuff? 4 channel amps only exist for convenience, but they are perfectly suited to drive four speakers, so that's not the problem.

Do the front speakers play at all? Did you physically remove the factory amp, or did you bypass it?

Stock stuff was crappy, yes fronts play and I physically removed the factory amp.
Also, if all 4 door speakers were running off
of 4 channels how were the rear pillar speakers, 4 " I think , wired into the factory system ?

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...