Wiring Power Wire to Battery or Fuse Block? With PICS

ZDudas
10+ year member

I have a question. There is no-where to connect the power wire to the battery, but there is a wire that is spliced into the positive wire going to the battery. I followed the wire that was spliced and it ended up running into the fuse block? I took one of the screws on the fuse block off and stuck my power wire where the screw was, then screwed it tight. THE AMP CAME ON! Is it safe to have the power wire where it is now?

I have a question. There is no-where to connect the power wire to the battery, but there is a wire that is spliced into the positive wire going to the battery. I followed the wire that was spliced and it ended up running into the fuse block? I took one of the screws on the fuse block off and stuck my power wire where the screw was, then screwed it tight. THE AMP CAME ON! Is it safe to have the power wire where it is now?
Run it to the Battery... get some adapters for the battery or something man... that box is NOT a good place to draw current from At All

I am a Newbie here so I cant post pics of what I'm talking about. I know no one understands. I have pics so how do I post them if im new. I uploaded them to photo bucket, and when I say submit post. it said something about I cant post any URL's? Whats going on?

I am a Newbie here so I cant post pics of what I'm talking about. I know no one understands. I have pics so how do I post them if im new. I uploaded them to photo bucket, and when I say submit post. it said something about I cant post any URL's? Whats going on?
Email or Txt them to me... Wade7919@gmail.com 337 304 3814

I'll post them up for you.

Can you direct me towards an adapter for the battery? I'd rather buy one off those.

Autozone Auto Parts Store? Walmart

Link for description. Thanks

Yah,, get it out of there man... remove the nut off the bolt for the power wire clamp on the battery and attach it there...

Will post up the pics in a few mins when I get them up on dropbox

a48G6uq2

PqiWFqKX

qje0g9U6

SxkNqDiu

Pics uploaded for OP... Pics sent to me from OP..

Yah,, get it out of there man... remove the nut off the bolt for the power wire clamp on the battery and attach it there... Will post up the pics in a few mins when I get them up on dropbox
So where on the bolt for the positive wire do i need to connect the amp power wire? If that makes any sense?

So where on the bolt for the positive wire do i need to connect the amp power wire? If that makes any sense?
Get another Nut to fit that bolt on the power wire connection.. then slip the terminal over the bolt then put the other nut on it... all done

So I have to get a new nut for the bolt holding the pos. battery cable together? What will that help? What would be the difference in the new nut and the old nut. Originally, I took the nut off the bolt and put my ring terminal from my amp power wire and slid it onto the bolt. Then screwed the nut back on the bolt and I got no power to my amp. I dont see where a new nut would help?

So I have to get a new nut for the bolt holding the pos. battery cable together? What will that help? What would be the difference in the new nut and the old nut. Originally, I took the nut off the bolt and put my ring terminal from my amp power wire and slid it onto the bolt. Then screwed the nut back on the bolt and I got no power to my amp. I dont see where a new nut would help?
You should have got power from there.. Also clean up the post connection..

1. Its a direct connection to the battery.

2. it gets you off the feed to the Fuse power plate

3. see above

4. the new nut is to just bolt the terminal against the old nut..

Sure, you can hook it up without a fuse block, but why?
You can get a cheap fuse block (Scosche brand) at Walmart for less than $15...why leave it to chance? Put a fuse block in and don't worry about whether your car (or house) will burn to the ground

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...