NorthStar Battery Project, Dual Front Engine Starts

Thanks Fellas'

Well I had a show on Sat> so I had to hurry up and knock these out. Worked on them all day Thur and Friday. Still need to make another panel to run accross the back firewall area but so far I'm really happy with the turn out. The front panel I cut out and then took it to a place that does my water jetting and had them cut out the R/T and Dakota into it. And yes My paint booth was rigged out of a E-Z up canopy, plastic drop cloths and 2 filters with the down draft one attached to a box fan. works great.

P6170768.jpg

P6170770.jpg

P6180772.jpg

P6180775.jpg

P6180780.jpg

P6180781.jpg

Well- I just getting started on the Firewall cover that will tie the two sides together and allow it to all flow evenly. Like the others I'm building it so that it can easily be removed if I need to do any motor work.

P7200001.jpg

P7200002.jpg

P7200003.jpg

P7220004.jpg

P7220006.jpg

P7220005.jpg

Daaaaammmmmnnnn!!!!! much much props to you man, I've never really been a fan of Dodge Dakota's but I've got to admitt that you have one incredible truck and hella nice build skills....continue the good work and honestly with your level of skills you should have your own custom shop!!!!!! Mad Props my friend.....Rick

Daaaaammmmmnnnn!!!!! much much props to you man, I've never really been a fan of Dodge Dakota's but I've got to admitt that you have one incredible truck and hella nice build skills....continue the good work and honestly with your level of skills you should have your own custom shop!!!!!! Mad Props my friend.....Rick
Thank You Sir- I always welcome and appreciate some Kudos's

Ok- here is the final stage- mock up before and after being sand blasting, Now I just need to apply some body filler to smooth it out and it's ready for paint.

P7290017.jpg

P7290016.jpg

P7290015.jpg

P7300018.jpg

P7300020.jpg

We'll I got it all finished up intime for slamily reunion which was this past weekend. Man was it hot- 113 degrees is too freakn hot. Def had alot of attention at the show.

2011-08-05_11-18-56_136.jpg

2011-08-05_11-18-35_612.jpg

2011-08-05_11-18-22_698.jpg

2011-08-06_13-33-18_430.jpg

Wow. Not gonna lie when I saw the picture of you notching into the fender well to level out the battery tray.. I thought man this guy is going to ruin a perfectly good show car.

Wrong. Wrong. haha Looks great man, I dont think Ive seen that clean of a job doing anything in a while.. IMO it doesnt even stand out and I would leave the batteries the color they are. Helps advertise the brand, and you have plenty of color going on in your engine bay anyway.. so whats a little blue going to hurt?

Wow. Not gonna lie when I saw the picture of you notching into the fender well to level out the battery tray.. I thought man this guy is going to ruin a perfectly good show car.
Wrong. Wrong. haha Looks great man, I dont think Ive seen that clean of a job doing anything in a while.. IMO it doesnt even stand out and I would leave the batteries the color they are. Helps advertise the brand, and you have plenty of color going on in your engine bay anyway.. so whats a little blue going to hurt?
Yeah- I looked at all of my available options before notching it but it had to be done to get the right stability and look- Thanks for the kudos!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.