Noob question sorry....

Mr.meyhem
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i have a cadence 250.2 i only have some type r comps hooked up to it at 110 rms. so is the amp always drawing the 500w? so would it drain more power to bridge off another pair of comps? or is the amp just constantly drawing the 500w all the time?

Thanks in advance.

I had an APSM1300, as long as u set ure gains with a DMM for that amps rated power or less and ure not going past that volume max you set it to. Ure not clipping, but u could try turning ure gain down a lil and see if it gets clearer

idk what my volts r alt my volt meter is in the mail right now. i have both those amps hooked up. and i have a 80a stock at. and those amps would pull 150a but if the cadence is only pulling 110w its prbly closer to 111a... i don't remember what my gains are set at.

This is what u do leave system alone till ur meter arrives. Make sure to pull ur reading from the amps terminals... Go buy a DMM and set ur gains correctly.. Other option is to keep doing what your doing till your amp releases that sweet smoke. I can only imagine that AP amps dont do well with low voltage..

This is what u do leave system alone till ur meter arrives. Make sure to pull ur reading from the amps terminals... Go buy a DMM and set ur gains correctly.. Other option is to keep doing what your doing till your amp releases that sweet smoke.
This ^^^^ but if u have 2v preouts then ure gain shouldnt be higher then 2-3oclock, setting it there dosnt mean u wont clip but its a visual idea of about where 2v is on the gain. If your preouts at 2.5-3v's it prob needs to be closer to 12-1oclock

^^^ U ever priced a HO alt??? Lots of people dont have $500 laying around. That being said with the amount of power he is running a HO alt is not really needed. A second batt or if you have not replaced ur current batt with a nice sized one then thats what I would be doing.

There is a thread on here showing u how I will try and find it but I mean u need a DMM first. Kinda suprised you dnt already have one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.