Noob needs help!

Participant count
  • Participants list
I've never upgraded my factory car audio in my life. I bought a 2013 Jeep Wrangler and I love it! The only problem is that when I'm on the highway with the top down (which is often) I want to crank the stereo up so I can hear it. I am worried that I'm going to blow the factory speakers if I crank it up too far. I never go above 75% on the volume for fear of destroying the speakers. But 75% on that system is not enough to hear clearly and get the volume I'm looking for.

I think I'd like to upgrade to speakers that can handle louder volumes and maybe put a small amp in there to give the speakers clarity and a slight amount of thump. But like I said...I have no clue what I'm doing.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to proceed? Do I need an amp? Do I just need better speakers? I'd prefer not to put a subwoofer in. I don't like a crazy amount of bass, but I do like a slight amount of thump. Clarity is the most important thing to me.

OK - I'm rambling. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks Fish!

I plan to keep the factory head unit. I don't know much about it. It has bluetooth and satellite radio which I like so I don't want to change it out. If you recommend an amp, which one do you recommend for the speakers you suggested? Can you get quality stuff at a Best Buy? I would need installation if I get an amp so it might be easy just to go there. Thoughts?

thanks fish!
I plan to keep the factory head unit. I don't know much about it. It has bluetooth and satellite radio which i like so i don't want to change it out. If you recommend an amp, which one do you recommend for the speakers you suggested? Can you get quality stuff at a best buy? I would need installation if i get an amp so it might be easy just to go there. Thoughts?
do not go to best buy!!!!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.