Noob needs help with new subs and amp.

I guess I'm mainly hesitant on a new box because I just got new subs that sound worse than the ones I replaced and the issues I am having a with distortion and weak sounding bass. Is this something a new box would remedy? I was wondering if maybe my amp is better suited with some higher end subs like the two I posted?
You should start thinking of the system as a whole with all parts being important. You need to have a good sub, powerful/reliable amp, and a box built for the sub with your music taste in mind. Especially in ported boxes, the box itself largely determines how the subs play. Honestly, you shouldn't expect much from any of those subs. I'm local to you, if you want, I can take a look at what you're working with and you can also hear what a custom box sounds like.

YES.............. get a box biult.

the box is 80% / 90% of a good sounding sub stage.

we have told you that... get a box made.
@CSCStang does boxes, pm him.

but he needs to know how much space you have for the box,, what type of subs,, what type of amp power.

you CANNOT JUST THROW A SUB IN A CRAPPY PREFAB AND EXPECTS OT TO SOUND GOOD.
sorry for yelling but damm its getting old. everybody has said get a better box.

I guess I'm mainly hesitant on a new box because I just got new subs that sound worse than the ones I replaced and the issues I am having a with distortion and weak sounding bass. Is this something a new box would remedy? I was wondering if maybe my amp is better suited with some higher end subs like the two I posted?
I bought a Pioneer TS-W260S4 and a Fosgate R250x1 for my wifes car (she didnt want much). I did get a prefab box (think it was only 1 cube). It does a very good job, nothing like mine but for a single 10" it is enough to rattle the car without distorting. Take Jeffs advice and use the link to set the gains properly. Then check your settings on your headunit to make sure it is not set low.

It is all a matter of what you are expecting from it, if you want to flex the doors, you are going to have to jump up a few levels in performance and wattage (and spend a lot more).

When you hooked the other sub up to the other you did make sure it was + to+ and - to - ? If that is reversed your sub's are out of phase with each other.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Max power doesn't mean anything its RMS that matters also if you have the subs wired differently they won't get as much power

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using Tapatalk

Problem solved, he got a hifonics 1610D from me which we hooked up and even at an 8 ohm load, his pioneers are finally hitting.

After impedance rise, his old kenwood probably only put out less than 50 watts a sub or so.

Also anyone wondering, His old pyles are the blue wave pyles. Which are 600 rms, 2.5 inch coil and an actual double stack 180 oz motor Needless to say, its better built than the pioneer.

Problem solved, he got a hifonics 1610D from me which we hooked up and even at an 8 ohm load, his pioneers are finally hitting.
After impedance rise, his old kenwood probably only put out less than 50 watts a sub or so.

Also anyone wondering, His old pyles are the blue wave pyles. Which are 600 rms, 2.5 inch coil and an actual double stack 180 oz motor Needless to say, its better built than the pioneer.
Yeah, I saw the pyles online. Rave reviews and has a really low Fs. We'll see how it sounds when he drops them in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.