Noob needs help with new subs and amp.

Maybe you have your gains set incorrectly (too high) and thus creating a lot of distortion in the sound.
I lowered the gains to zero but these subs are producing significantly less sound than the pyles. How do I find out if my amp is stable at 2 ohms?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there anyway to run two single coil subs out of a mono amp at 4 ohm each? I want to see if I can wire it like I had my dual coil pyles

Is there anyway to run two single coil subs out of a mono amp at 4 ohm each? I want to see if I can wire it like I had my dual coil pyles

Not on that amp sir..Only ONE sub @4 ohms for a SVC 4 ohm sub ..not a pair on that amp

I currently have them under 2 ohm load. Is my only alternative to run them at 8 ohm with 4 ohm load? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

If running the pair of SVC 4 Ohm...Yes sir, on that amp...A single sub of SVC 4 ohm, you can run @ 4 ohms on that amp...A pair of SVC 8ohm subs you can run @ 4 ohms mono,on that amp

If running the pair of SVC 4 Ohm...Yes sir, on that amp...A single sub of SVC 4 ohm, you can run @ 4 ohms on that amp...A pair of SVC 8ohm subs you can run @ 4 ohms mono,on that amp
Ok I'm gonna switch to this setup in the morning mabye this is my issue as the pyles were dual coil and I was running them at 4 ohms under 4 ohm load.

Oh ok what is the major diff between 8 and 4 ohms. Is 8 ohms going to produce more sound?

You may want to do some reading up on that question,or google and read up on ohm law/research....The site I gave you the wiring diagram can give you all the information correctly and you can review as many times needed to understand more clearly for your clarification,rather than me typing and trying to explain..Lots of info to obtain,and utilize/read and gain an understanding

Car Stereo, Mobile Video, Navigation

So would these be better to run at a four ohm load with my amp?

1: You lowered the gains to zero and you wonder why the subs dont put out anything???

2: you have to set your gains correctly since this is a new ohm load. Here's a basic guide to do so properly instead of doing random settings. How to Adjust Amplifier Gains Using a Digital Multi-Meter | Learning Center | Sonic Electronix

3: Only difference you will hear going from 2 ohms to 8 ohms is significantly less power output and loudness. Lower ohm loads give more power, higher ohm loads restrict power.

4: Your new subs might not even like the current box its in. For bass the enclosure is 70% of your sound quality and loudness despite what most newbs think. There is no hope with a poorly designed pre-built enclosure.

5: Your new subs could be badly engineered subs

6: Some pictures of your setup would really help(mainly what the enclosure looks like and how its sitting in your car) along with proper model numbers of that pyle sub

1: You lowered the gains to zero and you wonder why the subs dont put out anything??? 2: you have to set your gains correctly since this is a new ohm load. Here's a basic guide to do so properly instead of doing random settings. How to Adjust Amplifier Gains Using a Digital Multi-Meter | Learning Center | Sonic Electronix

3: Only difference you will hear going from 2 ohms to 8 ohms is significantly less power output and loudness. Lower ohm loads give more power, higher ohm loads restrict power.

4: Your new subs might not even like the current box its in. For bass the enclosure is 70% of your sound quality and loudness despite what most newbs think. There is no hope with a poorly designed pre-built enclosure.

5: Your new subs could be badly engineered subs

6: Some pictures of your setup would really help(mainly what the enclosure looks like and how its sitting in your car) along with proper model numbers of that pyle sub
I did not mean literal zero on the gain but that I simply lowered them till I found a decent balance with the headunit . The Pyle subs are pl1290bl. I understand the box is a big deal but my issues are mainly weak sound and increased distortion in comparison to my previous subs (which also did not come with this box).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.