Noob looking for help on buying a system

nickflores
10+ year member

I have single cab pickup w/ bucket seats and no middle console. Right now everything is stock. My alt is about 60-80 amps My budget as of right now for everything is about $1200. Looking for about 50/50 on SPL and SQ. I need everything from subs to wire and battery. Im thinking on either getting a 12in middle console build or 2 10in behind the seats mounted on the rear wall. Please help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have the space in the middle to build a good size sub box? What kind of truck? Will you be installing everything yourself or paying someone else?

Do you have the space in the middle to build a good size sub box? What kind of truck? Will you be installing everything yourself or paying someone else?
It is a 1982 f150 stepside. I believe I have enough room for a good size box, but Ill go measure in a little while. Im kind of iffy on the install part because I do not have any of the tools to do a proper install!

Are you wanting to just throw subs in there and get loud bass or upgrade components and everything else and get a better overall sound? A lot of people on here are just bassheads and try to throw as many subs in as the can without a lot of sound quality. If you can do a decent sized box I would probably just do a more powerful single setup in the middle with a nice amp and a single set of nice component speakers with a 2 channel amp. Maybe get a sundown SAX200.4 and run the first two channels to a set of comps and bridge the second two channels.

I think 2 gcons would put me over budget. Ive been looking at a ssa icon 12 middle console tuned to 29hz
really.....? gcons would put you over budget? Can I recommend you some fine boss or pyramid speakers then?

wtf?

Depending on how much you're planning to feed the subs and/or components, that small alt is gonna be a limiting factor...

Def suggest a Big Three upgrade and replacing the stock battery, at a minimum

I put 4 Kicker C10 SVC 10 behind a seat sealed a single cab 78 chevy with an old school Autotek Mean Machine 44hc @2ohms, and put 2 sets of Cheap Hifonics Zues 2way components in the doors on an old school JBL GTQ 200, and it sounded amazing!!! Ground Vibrated from an easy 40ft away.You can use old school amps to save money, and run off of existing alt without any issues,just a good batt and you should be just fine/BANG.Something like that work for your truck/looking for??I only needed 8ga power wire for the amps,and a HU with front,and rear rca connections..used a sony HU,Sounded loud, and clean..wasnt bad for the money /time spent.

I could hook you up with pretty much all you'll need except the custom box and install. Hit me back with some info on what you want. Powerwise deck. Components What

I was planning on putting 6.5 components, a 12in ICON, a 4chan amp for comps, a mono amp for subs, and a kenwood or pioneer HU. Then I would do the Big 3 and a upgraded battery. If I have power issues after that I would need to get a HO alt. Im looking more for about 50/50 on SQ and SPL.

really.....? gcons would put you over budget? Can I recommend you some fine boss or pyramid speakers then?

wtf?
On my last system build that I was planning everything that I had planned was about 1100 without a box for my subs. If you can make a great sounding system with two GCONs at my budget please present it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.