noise on my speakers

Participant count
  • Participant list

jeroenbessemans

Hello everyone!

I'm new here but i want to learn more about car audio and help others!

I recently bought a kenwood radio (kdc 4754 sd) and i installed hertz speakers (ecx 165) in the front doors. now when i listen to usb the noise is Ok (would be better without noise) but when i turn on the radio the noise on the music is really frustrating.

I have an opel/vauxhall corsa d , so i needed an adapter (2din-->1 din) my 2din iso is plugged in a 1din one and i also have a cable plugged into the original antenna + a lil antenna adapter in the radio (because the antenna plug didnt fit)

My constant current is connected to the battery and the switched current is on the sigaret lighter (important to mention that there are some leds and neons connect to the sigaret lighter) i checked all my wires and my mass (negative pool) , also when i reinstall other (cheap) speakers the noise is still there :s the equipment is all new so :s

Can anyone help me please? :eek:

Greetings!! Jeroen

Posted 6 mins ago

Please describe the noise to us, and let us know if anything makes it changes, such as getting louder with the engine revs

ok these noise is like when u unplug the antenna, like there is constantly electricity on the speaker, like the sound of the sea, but it's pretty loud so you clearly hear it when music is on, but with usb the sound is ok, but every single frequency on the radio has the noise :s doesn't get worse when i start engine or anything, i also hear the noise with engine off //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand it

i think you guys know a lot of car audio :eek: with the original radio and speakers i didnt hear the noise. but the music quality was really bad :s and the speakers sound pretty good when i plug them in my stereo. i think they're decent quality (100-110 dollar aprox)

i really check all the wires, and soldered the wires to the speakers etc. they all seem ok... i guess. maybe it's because i had to add the switched current to the sigaret lighter, with the original 2din plug there wasnt a connection to the sigaret lighter, i dont know //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

but why is it worse when i swithc from usb to radio, usb is pretty good, it's sounds like when u unplug the antenna when you have the radio on. when i plug in the antenna the noise fades away but is still present on the background of the music :s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.