no sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

globalminds_ent
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
oxford ms
Having a problem I run a bk800.4 and a audiopipe apk3500 both of the amps power on but no sound? The power light on the 800.4 comes on but the three lights at the top are not coming on. Sometimes it will randomly pop on if I hit a bump something has to be loose I checked all the wires don't know what it could be

Any help thanks

Since *both* amps won't produce sound focus on what is common to both amps:

Power source? Are they both powered from same distro block? If so check battery to block connections - tighten block terminals and batt terminals - replace main feed fuse (even if it looks OK). Similar checks if going to common ground block or point.

Remote turn-on wire.

Signal source? RCAs, or bad HU

Pics of set up?

Def check wiring....as said already. It could be something so simple you may overlook.

Electronics can be finicky at times.

okay thanks for the help might just be the head unit its a power acoustik had it for like 4 years now i bought back when i was really on a tight budget

The power light on the 800.4 comes on but the three lights at the top are not coming on.
What are those three lights that aren't coming on supposed to signify? Audio signal? Lights to highlight the amp's logo? Plug an ipod straight into the amps to make sure they're working properly. If they are, then plug the RCA's going into the amps into your battery powered boombox that has an AUX input to make sure signal is flowing all the way through 'em. If both of those aspects check out, then I don't know what to tell you.

Hitting bumps and intermittently coming on seems like a loose connection somewhere down the line. Your RCA cables could have a broken connection somewhere down the line, but you should check signal everywhere before you go tearing things apart.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.