No sound, just bass

The HU

It has a LP/HP filter that I can change and still after setting >80hz to the sub and anything above to the speakers, I still hear nothing. Not even noise or fuzz, just the bass line.

The other speakers (front 6x9's and rear 6.5's) are working, because i can listen to the radio just fine, with the subs and speakers on. But when I switch over to listen to a CD, I hear only bass. I have RCA's in the SW-out on the head-unit going to the amp and the wiring harness is all good. I dont know...

there should be a feature in the manual that tells you how to turn on and off the internal amp. if that isnt the problem, find the reset button (usually a little pin swich behind the faceplate) and see if that solves it. if not, pull the power on the unit (eaither unplug\re-plug or dissconnect the battery for your car for a few seconds) and see if that does it.

if not, get it swapped for a new one. might be defective - it does happen.

The only thing that comes to mind is that its defective. More specifically it could be the lens of the cd reader. Unless you can switch out some settings that would differ between radio and cd play but I strongly assume that the defaults would not be like this. Try what REQ mentioned, and if that doesnt work, its defective.

roger that hose... er... yea - thats how its pronounced right?

lol. **** americans //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

well I dont see anything about an internal amp in the manual, so im going to try and find a reset button. I thought about the lens too, but the bass lines from the songs play perfectly, just no other sounds (lyrics, highs, etc..)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.