How to install second amp with only one set of HU preouts?

with a couple of these...

rcaycable.jpg

how do the splitters effect the preout voltage? and the same for daisy chaining the amps, does the master amp boost the preout voltage at all for the slave?

how do the splitters effect the preout voltage? and the same for daisy chaining the amps, does the master amp boost the preout voltage at all for the slave?
It causes a slight drop in the voltage(less then 1/4 a volt), not usually enough to be audible unless your HU RCA outs have a really high ohm rating (over 1000 ohms).

As for the master/slave amp, I don't know, never thought about it. I assume it would to ensure they both get the same exact signal.

takes 1 pair of RCA's and can split them into sub, front, and rear outputs for the amp. basically what my equalizer does i just spent more on it, funny to cuz i'm only using 1 amp....

Stones is right...using splitters lowers your pre amp voltage. Using a pass thru from one amp to another does nothing to the signal voltage at all. It just passes it along (without fvcking with it) to the next amp in line. This of course is totally different from daisy-chaining.

For example, my cd changer and XM tuner are all Pioneer P-Bus compatible. So I actually daisy chained the p-bus output from the xm tuner to the p-bus input of my changer then ran the p-bus cable up to my deck and they are now both connected and controlled by the p-bus head unit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ownage9

10+ year member
$
ownage9
detroit
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date