NNBS Chevy Tahoe custom door pods

Participant count
  • Participant list

GoT_2B_BuMpN

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hello all, I am currently planning my custom speaker pods for front doors of my 2009 Chevy Tahoe. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with building speaker pods for Tahoe's. I have watched videos and read some articles, so I have a basic idea. I guess what I'm looking for is maybe a list of materials and a starting point for design. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Start with cardboard to Mock up a templet. You can cut or add to your templet with using packing tape to mold and get your desired pods. They later can be cut up to trace for your fabrication needs. Thats what I generally do. That way you can find your clearances from the door and seats ect., and you dont waste expensive materials from trial and error

Check out US Composites for materials. I've had good luck with them in the past. Otherwise if you have a boat yard or boat repair shop near you they may sell bulk fiberglass resin and mat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...