Aeroport for a single 15-inch subwoofer.

Participant count
  • Participant list
It's best to start over. Build a sealed box around 5.5 cubes to compensate for port and woofer displacement. The rule of thumb from what I've read (other box builders can correct me) is you should have about 12-16 square inches of port area per cube.

You might be able to get away with running a single 8" aero. I'm too lazy to do the math right now lol. But someone with more knowledge, feel free to correct me if needed

It's best to start over. Build a sealed box around 5.5 cubes to compensate for port and woofer displacement. The rule of thumb from what I've read (other box builders can correct me) is you should have about 12-16 square inches of port area per cube.

You might be able to get away with running a single 8" aero. I'm too lazy to do the math right now lol. But someone with more knowledge, feel free to correct me if needed
Thanks for your time . I highly appreciate it. I ic

TH

Thanks for the advice.. I don't think that a 5.5 cubic foot box will fit in my 2013kia soul.

You should have the space. I have a 03 CR-V (like my user name entails) and I have a 5 cube box behind my second row.

I'm not sure who other than Buck designs boxes on this site. But check with them for guidance

Thanks for your time . I highly appreciate it. I ic
TH

Thanks for the advice.. I don't think that a 5.5 cubic foot box will fit in my 2013kia soul.
sealing up the slot port and just adding a different port probably isn’t going to be ideal. You can get away with a 6 inch aeroport for a 15 with flares on both ends. It’s not good enough for the port to just be round. The flares are necessary to avoid port noise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...