nkrell11's Free Enclosure Designs & Cut Sheet To Whoever Wants One

[quote name='nkrell11']@Nutdawg651;

4 SA-12's 6.05ft^3 35Hz 9.35in^2/ft of port area 14in Aero's. You'd need to play with the woofer placement but this should work.

[/QUOTE]

This is what dbeez told me about this box
[quote name='dbeez']I recommend a 6" aero per 12 I feel box needs to be a bit bigger now I see why everyone says sa subs are louder in higher frequencies that small a box will causee a peaky box.[/QUOTE]

I have one To do for a single ia dp but I think I can get yours in tomorrow as well. Did you have a tune in mind I know most sq/aq subs are supposed to have higher tunings like 35-40hz don't know if you can run them lower or not.
Sounds good man, thank you. and 35 would be great

Busy with any designs right now? If not and you have the time, I'd greatly appreciate a design that I need. I'm doing 3 Soundqubed sdc 2.0 8's, in a slot ported box. They'll all be wired to 2.6 ohms, with around 500 watts going to them all together for now. Max dimensions are 37" wide, 14" tall, and 15" deep. Here's a link to the subs: https://www.soundqubed.com/NEW-Street-Duty-SDC20-8-D4-Subwoofer_p_69.htmlIf you need any more info, please let me know. And thank you again!
I have one To do for a single ia dp but I think I can get yours in tomorrow as well. Did you have a tune in mind I know most sq/aq subs are supposed to have higher tunings like 35-40hz don't know if you can run them lower or not.

Busy with any designs right now? If not and you have the time, I'd greatly appreciate a design that I need. I'm doing 3 Soundqubed sdc 2.0 8's, in a slot ported box. They'll all be wired to 2.6 ohms, with around 500 watts going to them all together for now. Max dimensions are 37" wide, 14" tall, and 15" deep. Here's a link to the subs: https://www.soundqubed.com/NEW-Street-Duty-SDC20-8-D4-Subwoofer_p_69.htmlIf you need any more info, please let me know. And thank you again!

35 would be great, thank you

This is what dbeez told me about this box
Doesn't surprise me that much the constraints that were given to me didn't leave many options a slot port would have been better but I did what he asked and with the power that he had the larger volume could have caused problems.

35 would be great, thank you
Alright I have one drawn up for you that I'll hopefully have uploaded by tomorrow.

Doesn't surprise me that much the constraints that were given to me didn't leave many options a slot port would have been better but I did what he asked and with the power that he had the larger volume could have caused problems.

Alright I have one drawn up for you that I'll hopefully have uploaded by tomorrow.
sounds good man, I'm really excited to see it. Thanks! If it'd be easier to send through text or email, just let me know

Hi, a guy I worked with gave me a pair of Sony Xplod XS-GTX120LW 4ohm svc when he left the state. I can't seem to find specs on the sub for air space but similar sony's like 1.13 cf ported. I'm looking at getting a RF Rockford Fosgate R500-1D Prime 500 Watt Mono D-class Amplifer which should put out about 250rms into the sub (only using 1 12" in the pickup and the other in a old car for the wife, but that comes later). Looking for SQ with an occasional foray into some 80's or 90's rap. I am hoping you can help me figure out a box for behind the drivers seat of my Nissan Frontier King cab.
Looking for a ported box of the slot variety. I've got a table saw and know how to use it so 45's are no big deal. Also I will be using birch plywood as it's leftover from building a bookshelf and I never built a 2nd one or returned it to the store. It's about 18mm thick or .706" (not sure what the fractional is off hand I just used a caliper on it)

Rough space to work with is

14.5" bottom depth

16" tall

21" wide

9.5" top depth

I'm thinking of having the sub and bottom face 2" up from floor with the port firing forwards at the top of the sloped face. The box can go taller by following the same angle. Any help is appreciated as the only other times I ported my boxes I just called PPI up and they told me what the 4 12" pro's needed and I cut the pipe up.
Hey nkrell11 if you are game I still haven't messed with these at all. No amp yet either but I'm back to work in a few weeks so I'll have money to play again.

Thanks either way Sir

[quote name='nkrell11']@alec14; AQ SDC 2.0 8's 2.5ft^3 Net 35.23Hz 15in^2/ft of port area.

@Reinhardt; IA DP 12 2.2ft^3 33Hz 14.87in/ft.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! What lengths would I have to add to make it 3 cubic feet net? And jw, what's a cut sheet?

Thanks man! What lengths would I have to add to make it 3 cubic feet net? And jw, what's a cut sheet?
Well the box would most likely need to be totally reconfigured as the tuning and everything would be affected by the change I just chose the middle recommended volume for 3 8's from the aq website. A cut sheet basically shows how to get the most out of a sheet of wood when cutting pieces for your enclosure there is examples earlier in the thread.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...