nkrell11's Free Enclosure Designs & Cut Sheet To Whoever Wants One

Ok so your just going to the company website looking at what they say and go off that.
For volumes on some of the enclosures yes if someone wanted a different volume then I design what they want, I don't have a fancy modeling software or some magic pixie dust for designs. Am I expected to know what AQ 8's like for volume off the top of my head? I know you didn't like the box for sundown 12's but because of the volume and port area but because of what he wanted I didn't have many options due to the limited amount of ways to mount 4 12's on a 40x25 surface and still fit ports since he wanted aero's

Its not about pixie dust or modeling software its about knowing when to say you dont have the proper room or when to know what a sub will like based off its specs I like your doing free designs its cool but theirs a ton of research and knowledge in buoldong and designing boxes. I know you may not want to **** off someone but just designing whatever they want no matter if you know its a bad idea or not isnt a good idea at that point your not really helping.

I think I know what you're referring to concerning the 4 hifonics 12's in the trunk. I guess I was trying to be polite I don't like sounding like one of those overbearing ******** who say everything is impossible I don't want to start like all the people on caco that repeatedly shoot people down. I was hoping my subtle hints about he wanted sounding poor would make him change his mind but to no avail apparently. If he was insistent on running 4 12's in the trunk I would have most likely have said run them sealed at this point. (If that's not what your talking about then I'm carrying on pointlessly other than what I said about not trying to be overbearing.)

On a side note I do look at manufacturer recommendations for volume and tuning I don't generally just blindly throw volumes and tunings in and run with them.

Well the box would most likely need to be totally reconfigured as the tuning and everything would be affected by the change I just chose the middle recommended volume for 3 8's from the aq website. A cut sheet basically shows how to get the most out of a sheet of wood when cutting pieces for your enclosure there is examples earlier in the thread.
Okay, well that'll work for me man, thanks. I'll let you know how the box turns out when I get it built this weekend!

Okay, well that'll work for me man, thanks. I'll let you know how the box turns out when I get it built this weekend!
If you'd like I could re-do it for 3 cubes but that sounds like quite a bit to me that's like 1 cube per 8.

If you'd like I could re-do it for 3 cubes but that sounds like quite a bit to me that's like 1 cube per 8.
when I called Soundqubed, that's what they said they normally do. But if it won't fit in the same lengths as the other one, it's okay. All I have available to give up is maybe 2 more inches of depth anyways

I can look into what adding 2 inches would do for volume tomorrow and if it gets close to 3 cubes I'll draw it up for you or if not I'll let you know what it nets.

Sundown x-12 powered by saz-1500v3. (Sub cutout is 11.09" and about 10" deep maybe)Max dims: 32w 15.5h 15d tuned between 28-32hrz

Sub n slot port back with double baffle ( 1" sub mount thickness, 1/2" flush mount thickness)

Also would like symmetry so either one port on each side or a single port running along the top or bottom

If you could do that it would be awesome and thanks in advance
what if instead of L ports on each side u did U ports labyrinth style so they dont run into each other
was wondering if you were able to finish this...i know it was a few months ago but if have time i'd appreciate it

when I called Soundqubed, that's what they said they normally do. But if it won't fit in the same lengths as the other one, it's okay. All I have available to give up is maybe 2 more inches of depth anyways
Well if you make it 2 inches deeper I can get it up to 2.9 net with a 35.5hz tune and a decent amount of port area let me know and I can draw it up for you tomorrow.

was wondering if you were able to finish this...i know it was a few months ago but if have time i'd appreciate it
Never did get to it but I will look into it tomorrow.

Well if you make it 2 inches deeper I can get it up to 2.9 net with a 35.5hz tune and a decent amount of port area let me know and I can draw it up for you tomorrow.
Never did get to it but I will look into it tomorrow.
yeah, I think i can give that up. That'd be great, i'd love to start on this box by like 5 tomorrow, if I could possibly have by the design by then, It'd be greatly appreciated!

yeah, I think i can give that up. That'd be great, i'd love to start on this box by like 5 tomorrow, if I could possibly have by the design by then, It'd be greatly appreciated!
I have it done I just need to find some wifi or put it on my phone and text it to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...