Next Bimmer Build!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

BlueXI

Hey guys, I recently posted about trying to locate a decent 12. i was firmly decided to get the sa. But i had a deal fall into my lap. i picked up a SKAR VVX 12 recently for a killer deal. BNIB. I've heard these are very comparable to the SA. I Know a lot of people are biased because of the dishonesty of the owner. But what are Your opinions on the Woofer? What does it take to perform its best? Ive got 28x14x?? to work with and 750rms watts. Thanks in advance

I have used torres to calculate my box but i am having some issues. on the port height i have 14 inches. should i take into account the wood thickness and make it 12.5? or does torres do that on its own? and it says that my port pieces are to complex to display. so how do i kno what to cut my port pieces at?View attachment 26542719

Port height/width does not take wood dimensions into account. If your port is 14" tall and you use 3/4" wood, your final outer dimensions will be 15.5"

Hey guys, I recently posted about trying to locate a decent 12. i was firmly decided to get the sa. But i had a deal fall into my lap. i picked up a SKAR VVX 12 recently for a killer deal. BNIB. I've heard these are very comparable to the SA. I Know a lot of people are biased because of the dishonesty of the owner. But what are Your opinions on the Woofer? What does it take to perform its best? Ive got 28x14x?? to work with and 750rms watts. Thanks in advance
Skar subs are fine, some people prefer them to Sundown. There is a lot of hate here for the owner of the company, which in turn creates hate for the gear.

Port height/width does not take wood dimensions into account. If your port is 14" tall and you use 3/4" wood, your final outer dimensions will be 15.5"
so since my box will only be 14 tall then my port height should be 12.5? and what about the port pieces? the cut sheet to the right states that is is to complex to display. shouldnt it just be two measurements?

Skar subs are fine, some people prefer them to Sundown. There is a lot of hate here for the owner of the company, which in turn creates hate for the gear.
I am a bargain shopper and got this woofer for pennies on the dollar... hopefully i wont be dissapointed

Aero port requires less space in box and on the surface of the box. An aero also suffers less from port noise. Down side is length is sometimes a problem because bending the port can be difficult to tune

so since my box will only be 14 tall then my port height should be 12.5? and what about the port pieces? the cut sheet to the right states that is is to complex to display. shouldnt it just be two measurements?
Yes. I don't know much about that port calculator though because I design my own enclosures but I think you may be better off getting a design done by one of the designers on this site. I know Buck does good work if he's still in the game...

i see your point... but i would feel kinda like the dumb kid in math class to ask someone to design a "square box" for me... now if it was a multi sub 4th order bandpass... i wouldnt feel so stupid

hey guys im finaly going to build my box... im going tomorrow to pick up the mdf and supplies... ive modeled it in sketchup and used torres to get my deminsions ... but I have a couple questions. I have my port width at 2.25"... but I see a lot of boxes at like 1.5"... is my port to wide? Also, is torres there are two port lengths. The port length I entered and Physical port length that torres calculated... which do I use? And finaly, the box will be 2.07 cu.ft. after woofer and port displacement. will this get me the best performance out of the vvx? any and all suggestions and criticism is welcomed. just want to do it right the first time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.