Newbie needs help...please !

Participant count
  • Participant list

kid4life

Hi

I just bought the following @ Circuit city and had them install it as well in my 99 Olds Intrigue

Head unit : Pioneer DEH-P8400MP

Amp 1 : Bazooka 4-Channel Amplifier Brand/Model: BAZ EL460

Amp 2 : BAZOOKA 1-Channel Amplifier Brand/Model: BAZ EL1500

Subs : 2 * Infinity 10 in. Car Subwoofer Brand/Model: INI 1020W

Front Speakers : 2 * Infinity 5 x 7 in. 2-Way Car Speaker Brand/Model: INI 5752CF

Back Speakers : PIONEER 6 x 9 in. 3-Way Car Speaker Brand/Model: PIO TSA6975

My problem is the sub amp is getting overheated and shuts off way too often... It will only stay on for about 20 mins before shutting off...

Can anyone please help me diagnose the problem ?

The amps are located on the floor of the trunk.

Also ..... what do you think of the setup ?

Cheers ,

Thats a decent setup:)

How are your subs wired? There may be a problem there.

---Ex: They are producing an ohm load that doesnt co-operate with the amp.

If it has nothing to do with the wiring, then maybe it could be just too hot in your vehicle and there isnt enough ventalation/circulation of cool air throughout the trunk. A solution to that would be a 12volt cooling fan - they work wonders:)

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.