newbie help

Participant count
  • Participant list

gummi217

NY/CA
hi i'm looking into getting a new car by the end of the summer(prob. a jetta 1.8T) and i have a few questions about installing a system in it. i'm pretty new to car audio, i got a new head unit and speakers in my last car, but i don't really know much. i have a budget of prob. about a $1000 and was looking for a new head unit, new speakers, and a sub.

thanx a lot for all your help

-gummi

My advice would be to spend $500 an a good bass amp, and $500 on some good subwoofers. Remove your head unit and speakers from your old ride and put them in your new one. Or wait and upgrade them when you have more money.

Why would you put $1,000 into just bass, it just makes no sense.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif You can hear roughly 16,000 different frequencies, and your going to put all your money into making 80-100 of them sound good. What about the other 15,900Hz.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Not picking on you or anything, I'm just a sound quality and not an SPL guy. I have twice as much money in my mids and highs as my subs. Not the way to go for everyone.

I have been putting together $1,000 system for a while now, since that seems to be a common budget people like to work with.

Try this:

Head units

__Pioneer, Kenwood, Panasonic, Clarion or Alpine- Whichever you like best

Speakers

__Infinity Kappa components

Amp for speakers

__JBL P180.2

Subs

__1- 12" JL Audio 12w3, Adire Audio Shiva or Infinity Perfect

Amp for sub

__JBL BP300.1

No need for rear speakers. Run the stock ones off of your head unit if you need the dolby effect. Most of this can be purchased at http://www.ikesound.com , nice site and trusted by many. The Shiva sub can be found at http://www.ampman.com , and I would get the JL 12w3 from http://www.cbrstereo.com .

Hope this helps a bit, at least getting you started.

Ok if you spend $1000 on your system, you'll just end up replacing all the cheap components you bought with better ones when you get more money. So just do it right the first time and you'll save money in the long run.

If you spend $500 on an amp and $500 on some subwoofers, you will have good solid bass. Then you can upgrade your head unit and speakers when you have more money.

New cars don't come with large woofers or amplifiers. Without subs your other speakers will have to reproduce low frequencies. This will cause distortion and may damage them.

These are some good brands

Phoenix Gold, PPI , Jl audio, Alpine

Stick with them and you won't be //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

$1,000 can get you a perfectly good system. How much "cheap" stuff do you really see in the system I suggested? Favorably priced is far different than cheap. No need to spend that much getting "good solid bass" and spend more later. As long as your not paying retail, you'll be happy.

But Indosia did say something that made me tingle with joy:

"do it right the first time and you'll save money in the long run."

That should be printed in big bold letters at the top of every forum in here.

A great bass section would be a 12" Adire Audio Brahma with a JBL1200.1 amp. $379 + $285. This is why I wonder why it would be necessary to put $1,000 into it unless your a competitor or a huge showoff of some sort.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If your cheap with your system you will hear it everyday when you get in your ride. I Would not put JBL amps in my new car. Although Kappa components($300) and a 12 w3($180) Is good advise.

You must not know much about JBL amps, lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Infinity's "Perfect" Mitsubishi Eclipse uses all JBL amps. Their not cheap, just "favorably priced."

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.