my first comp. i hit a 143.4 with 600W RMS @ 4 ohms!!!

ChopShop Racing
10+ year member

I went to my first comp today and hit 143.4 db. i thought it was cool, and i learnd alot more then i thought i did.

The USACi rules are confusing!!! i was in the 301-600watt class / stock

they rules say the divide the classes into number of speakers and power. when i went, they had me competing with ppl with like 3 15"s and stuff. i only have 2 12s.also it says one amp, but the ppl i went aginst had like 1,2,3 and stuff. i have one 600W @ 4ohms mono. i thought the amps had to be running at no more then 600Watts, but they said at the comp, that they go buy what the amp is ratted at 4 ohm and you can have it run at whatever i want.

So next time, i hope to run at 1 ohm at 1800W RMS!!! and 3 10" instead of 2 12"s.

im aiming for 150+db but i think im going to get another amp, so that should bump me up to the 601-1200 watt class.

what do you think??? any tips???

i just wanted to post this becouse some ppl were knoking on audiobahn at the show today, I overheard somone telling there friends that the amp isent pushing what a "real amp" should. But when they found out that it was only at 4 ohms' they shut up.

what is a "real amp" lol

i notice a lot of ppl come on this board knokind down on audiobahn. and some one on this board says that its "10% product, and 90% install". but i think it needs to be changed to (20% product, 30% install, 50% tuned...!!!) or somthing like that.

the audiobahn systems that most of yall heard are proly installed buy crackheads. J/K ..lol

im not trying to make audiobahn sound like its the best out there, but i like em alot, and thats what im happy with; thats all thats important right?! after all, its for me, not my friends and my neighbors! also audiobahn is ONE OF the biggest sponsers too.

i would like to try out orian and ppi maybie kicker too.

http://www.chopshopracing.4t.com

When I went to my first comp. I was too late to enter but they let me do a

run just to see how loud it was and I hit 164.4!

I would have won too. the next closest was a guy with 3 12 inch vega vega's

I was so mad and so happy too it's really hard to describe.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Originally posted by ChopShop Racing im not trying to make audiobahn sound like its the best out there, but i like em alot, and thats what im happy with
audiobahn - i personally dont think they're up with the best of them. i have several dealer friends. when audiobahn first came on the scene, i said to friend of mine who runs the local store - whats the game with audiobahn...he said their distribution is a pain in the ass to deal with.......another store owner said - it makes me a lotta money. when i haer audiobahn installs - they're loud, but some do sound lkike a 160db distortion factory.

but besides that, for the $$$ audiobahn are the best overall stret pounders, especially when u see the sale price of some of their 2001 sh**!!!!

Originally posted by Bird_Of_Prey When I went to my first comp. I was too late to enter but they let me do a

run just to see how loud it was and I hit 164.4!

I would have won too. the next closest was a guy with 3 12 inch vega vega's

I was so mad and so happy too it's really hard to describe.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif
What were you running???

Stock battery

4gage wire with 200 amp circuit breaker,

1 farad cap (ACAP4) 2002

AMP: (A18001DQ):2002 class D, 600W RMS @4ohms, 1800W RMS @1ohms

2 8 gage wires to each sub terminal

SUBS: 2 2001 (AW1200X)s DVCs 4ohmVCs 700W RMS each sub.

I’m running right now 600W RMS @ 4 ohms (series/parallel) subs are parallel and together wired in series.

2000 or 99 (don’t remember) Pioneer Premiere DEH410 head unit.

Kicker 2001 4X6s in the front, and 1989!!! Kenwood 2way 6X9s in the rear

I think my box for my subs is cracked.

Originally posted by ChopShop Racing i just wanted to post this becouse some ppl were knoking on audiobahn at the show today, I overheard somone telling there friends that the amp isent pushing what a "real amp" should. But when they found out that it was only at 4 ohms' they shut up.

what is a "real amp" lol

i notice a lot of ppl come on this board knokind down on audiobahn. and some one on this board says that its "10% product, and 90% install". but i think it needs to be changed to (20% product, 30% install, 50% tuned...!!!) or somthing like that.

the audiobahn systems that most of yall heard are proly installed buy crackheads. J/K ..lol

im not trying to make audiobahn sound like its the best out there, but i like em alot, and thats what im happy with; thats all thats important right?! after all, its for me, not my friends and my neighbors! also audiobahn is ONE OF the biggest sponsers too.

i would like to try out orian and ppi maybie kicker too.

http://www.chopshopracing.4t.com

Nah tuning is part of the install //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Congrats nice job.

audiobahn is good i consider it entry level-street stuff but its good. if you spend enough time with it and tune it i think you'll see that recomended boxxes are a lil off. with right tuning they can sound pretty good . it blows away stuff we had in this range 10 yrs ago by a long shot

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.