Newbie, have a few questions about a CD Changer?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Hey everyone, I'm pretty new to the whole car audio things... i just got my first vehicle, a 2000 dodge dakota club cab with a 4.7 V8. It came with a CD Changer in the Center console. JVC CHX-1200 i believe. It did not work when i got it... so i tinkered with it, and it magically started working again... about a week later, it had stopped working. I believe the problem is within the mechanism that loads the CD's into the Reader part of the changer. If anyone on here knows anything about these guys, or has a dissassembly guide for one of these bad boys, i'd LOVE you long time. haha. I already have the majority of the changer dissassembled, but any advice before i get too far into it, is always appreciated!

Thanks to anyone that can give me any advice/troubleshooting, in advance

-Andy

Misfit, thanks for your response, but buying another changer isn't in the cards at the moment. I believe that i can fix anything, if i try hard enough, and put enough time into it.. ( i just have that attitude.. and i love working on the stuff! ) And there's no way i can afford a new one.

It's cool. I was just thinking that your current changer is probably kinda old. If you had the extra cash, it's cheap to replace.

Good luck with the repair...

Misfit, Yeah, you're absolutely right, it's old as dirt! =] But, i fixed it. Simply just a gear off of a track for the CD loading mechanism, and a good eye cleaning.

Ferendon, Thank you for the site! But, nothing on my changer, which btw is a JVC CH-X200. IDK where i got pioneer... Haha.

So, i got my changer all fixed up, hooked it up, and my RF unit is fried! Anyone know where i can find one CHEAP? Anyone have one for sale? its a KS-RF40 i believe. I'll post in the wtb section too. Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.