Newbe, need help on set up?

very lost
10+ year member

usa
Hi,

I am new here and need your help.

I have a 05 accord, I want to add a 300w-400w amp and 10" sub but I want to use the stock H/U and speakers. Music wise I listen to all types of music so I am looking for a good all around set up. I am going to build a small fiberglass sub enclosure like the one in the picture (below).

I am on a budget but want to do it right this time, what's the best bang for the buck? Also am I going to need a Cleensweep?

What's the difference between the JL 10w3v2 and the 10w6v2? I am open to other sub options.

Thanks in advance for the help.

flyvtecsbox.jpg

sounds like you're on the right track, verylost;

If you want to go JL, (sounds that way to me) the w3 would be a good fit. Less than overkill, more than not enough.

Are your factory speakers amplified from the headunit, or is there a seperate amplifier?

What you'll need is a "Line Out Converter" (LOC) if there's no non-amplified way for you to tap into the factory sound.

First off welcome to the forum my brother. The JL clean sweep is nice ( but pricey) you can get by with just using a LOC if you don't have a factory amp in the way. It will convert your high level output (speaker) to a low level output (RCA). As for sub choices, keep in mid your power you have and space your willing to sacrifice when deciding on which sub, as both will greatly affect your choice. I don't like suggesting different brands or models of subs to anyone as my ears are just that, my ears. So what sounds good to me may not sound good to you. I would try to listen to as many different subs as you can in person to help with your decision. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Unfortunately I don't have a factory amp and the stock speakers are not the best, I plan on upgrading them later.

So I think I will go with a "LOC" and a 10w3v2.

Would you guys recommend I go with a JL amp or is there a comparable amp for cheaper?

Not having a factory amp is a good thing in your situation. It means an LOC will do the job.

There isn't much that's not cheaper than JL //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Don't get me wrong JL makes nice amps, but to pricey for my taste. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

We need a price guide so we can suggest speakers but ultimately you make the decision. We can only give you ideas do some research by searching and find a sub you like!! It would also be good to know how much air space you are planning on having. Do you have any ideas yourself, if your asking you have to have heard a few subs you like????

SQ subs

JL w3v2

Infinity Perfect Vq

Alpine Type X or R

w6 or w6v2 will be louder than w3v2 but jl is not the best bang for the buck. you can find better speakers for around the same or cheaper. but i as i said above its all preference, not saying they dont sound good just you can find better products for cheaper.

We need a price guide so we can suggest speakers but ultimately you make the decision. We can only give you ideas do some research by searching and find a sub you like!! It would also be good to know how much air space you are planning on having. Do you have any ideas yourself, if your asking you have to have heard a few subs you like????
SQ subs

JL w3v2

Infinity Perfect Vq

Alpine Type X or R

w6 or w6v2
Sound Splinter Rl-i or Rl-p

Ascendant Audio Arsenal or Assassin (very cheap brand new design seen on the subwoofer forum)

Edited after Johnson included Image Dynamics another excellent choice

What amp are you gettin? How much did you get the v2 for? I would not put much more than a 500-700 watt amp on it. A Jl amp would be nice find one on ebay for a decent price. This amp would match power nice e1800D made by jl or the slash series 500/1 by jl.

Hold on so your talking about getting a $400 aftermarket interface, aka jl cleansweep but your going with a california amp??? You saved a lot of money by not getting the cleansweep so you need to send clean watts to that w6v2. I have have some friends with california profile amps and I didn't care for them same subs sounded better with a audiopawn. Dont skimp on the amp its the most important part next to enclosure of course.

Look man spend a bit extra get a x5 by rockford fosgate or a jbl gto. Watch ebay like a hawk until you find one you can afford. Piece of advice dont bid until the last minute it drives the price up. Your sub wired down will be a 2 ohm load. A x5 on ebay right now for 105 with 4hrs left. Look for a amp rated at around 500wrms at 2 ohms for that sub. You can run it with that california but it wont sound as good as clean wattage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.