newb install question

Participant count
  • Participant list

maniackilla
10+ year member

cout<<"c++";
soon ill be getting a new car *2k grand prix* and i wanna throw a cd player in it. what all do i need? my HU will have an end to plugin to the HU itself. will the other end be bare cutoff wires? do i need a peice that adapts to MY CAR to a starndard, and then something that goes from a standard to my brand of HU?

also, are those kits hard to put in that allow the HU room? i wanna take my HU out of my truck b4 i sell it, but not if its gonna cost money and all to find different wiring harnesses and all that stuff

TIA

yep, get a gm wire harness and car adapter plate, wire the bare wires from the dash to the new wire harness, crimp or solder, then shrink wrap them, its not good to use twist caps, but its been done. then you connect you HU wire harness into that factory wire harness you just wired, run the ground wire to some place metal and screw it down good, make sure theres no paint and crap in the area. then all you need to do is insert the HU into the plate face, and secure it usually with screws and a lock in mechanism. i hope i helped ya, more women need to be into car audio :thumbsupw

im not a woman, im not getting a GM model car either .... are u on drugs lol j/k

i think i get it. i can solder wires and all, i just didnt know if there was a snap peice that would make a snap ONTO my factory pntiac harness to a standard. then get a standard to w/e brand HU i get, that way its all snaps and no splicing

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif sorry bout the female thing, anyways, you will need to connect the aftermarket wire harness to the car, which will be a bunch of wires, then connect the hu harness to that, what it is is some extra protection, and in the future, changout will be easier. the first thing you'll need to do is learn how to take the car apart a little bit to get the stereo out, then go from there its not that hard. BTW, pontiac, who makes grandam, is GM, look at the key and it prolly says GM on it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wowflash.gif.89a61f4caede63a11dac36e97d61323e.gif

some of the best installers i know are on drugs, i'm not, maybe thats the problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.