Alpine CDA-9833 Vs. Premier DEH-P860MP

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Big E

Which is the more reliable headunit. I need the built in crossovers, the

aux input for the TV, and I want to do the XM radio thing.

Is the AUX input seperate from the XM input. I'll need to use both?

I need opinions on both of these units. Good or bad. Also, if someone

could suggest a reliable seller on line, that would be great. I'm looking

for the best price. I've installed Alpine Typr R 6 3/4 in the doors, built two

custom boxes for my Boston Pro audio 8" subs, built an amp rack

for my Hifonics / Orion amps, and used 60 square feet of Fat Mat

on the doors and sheet metal. All I need is the head unit. I have narrowed

down my search to these two, help me decide. Saving money

and recieving a good deal on the head unit is most important.

Love the 9835, it's just more than I'm willing to pay. If I could get the cda-9835 for under 400.00 delivered, it would be a done deal.

Love the 9835, it's just more than I'm willing to pay. If I could get the cda-9835 for under 400.00 delivered, it would be a done deal.

hate to say it, but i'm geting my 9835 for 349.00 .... shop around, check ebay if you don't mind that really... some do, some don't. i'm not getting mine ebay, but local... just a thought, only real difference i can see is the display... both are great units, i'm upgradeing my 9827 to the 35... just a few reasons... display being one of them. anyways...

GL

i have an 8600 and i LOVE it... the thing about the auxillary input thing is this... you have to buy a connector that converts IP-BUS to rca, for the auxillary input... i'm sure since you're using xm you will be using a pioneer direct connect tuner like the 910 or something like that... i have the xm tuner box and it has an IP BUS in... and out... so you could run the xm to the radio... and then on the IP BUS in... you could put the converter there... then plug your tv's rca's to that plug and run your xm radio that way.... i'm not very knowledgable on the 9833 or 35 but my asst mgr at circuit city has the 31... and it's a nice radio... but i like my 8600 better... the display is better IMO... and it has 13 band eq opposed to his 4 or 5 band... lots of lil features make this HU great for me

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.