Newb at wiring, not sure if I have ohms right.

Why do people go thru amazon for audio??????????????????????????????

So much more on CL or even on here....and other forums.

Lets just say your lucky your subs are still ok. Hooking one coil on a DVC sub can end it's life.

If your subs are fine and you get that amp, use the JL Audio tutorial I provided in an earlier reply and you should be good. Follow the wiring carefully too.

Why do people go thru amazon for audio??????????????????????????????
So much more on CL or even on here....and other forums.

Because anything close to me on craigslist is over 2 and a half hours away. I can go on amazon and have hassle free returns if I have problems, like what I just did even though it was my own fault and not the company's, and it comes in 2 day shipping.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Also I can go to best buy and they price match amazon so I can just go there and not have shipping. I feel stupid not doing that but it was too late to cancel the shipping.

Which wiring config did you use?
Alright, I just got my new amp and am hooking it back up the same way of diagram two on the picture you showed me. Is hooking them up bridged the same or do I have to cut the wire and splice it?

Not sure what you are going to splice. Cut 2 wires to length for the jumpers on each sub, connect + & - from vc1 to vc2 on each sub. Then pos to pos to amp and neg to neg to amp to achieve a final impedance of 2 ohms. Just follow the diagram. Or, instead of wires to second sub you can wire each sub to the amp like it were a 2 channel. If you're using the brz1200.1, the interals are wired together so you will still have a final 2 ohm load

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.