New (to me) Cadillac, New Questions! Haha

Participant count
  • Participant list

Synyster97XLT
10+ year member

Reppin' the 304
Hey all, first time posting in a while. Anyways I just bought a 2001 Cadillac Deville DTS and I have no clue where to start when figuring out how in the hell to replace the factory touchscreen nav system with a new radio. This is where my questions begin haha, pardon my ignorance,it's been a while for me with car audio.

1) Are there maybe any harnesses I can buy that just lets me wire the HU up and retain the Bose system? If it's got navigation and everything, is it safe to assume that it's a premium system? I know from the size of the screen that I'm going to have to go custom...mounting a DIN slot and glassing it in, etc.

2) Secondly, I've heard a lot from the stuff I have been able to find that when aftermarket radios are installed, the loss of function occurs with factory chimes and Onstar.

3) The battery is under the back seat in this thing. How sweet is that? I predict that it could make installing a little easier, and good short wires to the amp that's eventually going to run my two Alpine SWR-1542D subs that I have sitting around.

As I said I just bought this car so I'm not planning on doing anything soon, but I am in the research phase of the stereo upgrade so I will end up doing every bit of research I can.

Youll need a harness from axxess or metra (might be same company) that will allow you to retain all factory things. They run around $100 could be bought for cheaper second hand off ebay.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.