New to forum, Need system tuning advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

DownFire
10+ year member

Hello. I am having trouble adjusting my system since I got my new sub. The system is as follows.

2006 Impala

Front stage:

Stock Deck for now, Clarion EQS746 EQ.

ID CTX componets powered by an MRP-F300 bridged to two channels one for each side. Tweets are cut into the sail panels (It looks cool but I hate it's sound). Fully matted doors.

Rear stage: None

SUB:

P3 in a 1.25 cubic foot box made just for me. Double thick baffle and 3/4 in all the way around (box was ment for a W7 but I see they have just as good if not better subs out there so I wait). It is run with a Alpine MP-500 at 2ohms.

Problem is since I put the P3 in the quality has kinda fell apart. I had an Infinity perfect 12.1D which was a great woofer but I broke it being stupid so I picked up the P3. I wanted to have a louder sub and it is quite a bit louder for shure but it is not meshing well with my front stage. Crossover points are 80hz and up to the front stage and 90hz down for the sub. I don't regret buying the P3 because I like to rattle my eyeballs some but I believe it's not what I really need for SQ. So I would like some advice on anyway I can even the sound out and get some of the muddiness out of the system (maybe to big of an enclosure for the P3?) oh and the sub is sealed. I have an EQ but to get out the muddiness with the EQ I loose too much else. the muddiness seems to reside between 150 and 300 HZ. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.