New to Car Audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

Komsan6063
10+ year member

Florida
m looking for a system for my car. I dont know anything about systems so i was hoping someone here could help. Im looking for something that hits hard but is not too expensive (under 500$ total). So i have found an option that seems good. Could someone help me decide?

I hope these will hit hard they youtube vids i have watched seem good. I will need a headunit for this. I will prolly buy the cheapest headunit with the best review i can find. Also i will need an amp and a wiring kit. I have no idea what is good or what type of wires i should get for this. I will have a professional install this because i dont want to screw it up.

This is from Sonic Electronix btw

Kicker CompVR Subwoofer Features:

12" Dual 2 Ohm CompVR Series Subwoofer

Power Handling:

Peak: 1600 watts total / 800 watts each

RMS: 800 watts total / 400 watts each

Impedance: Dual 2 ohms

Inverted Structural Dome Polymineral Injection Molded Cone: Remains rigid, and lowers distortion

Rear Cone Brace: Offers unmatched strength and resistance to deformation

Ribbed Santoprene Surround for Linear Cone Motion

Silver-Coated Stamped Steel Basket

Stitched Surround: Ensures the cone and surround won't separate, even under the highest loads

High-temp Polyimide Film Voice Coil Former

Dual Ultra-Length Voice Coils

Perimeter Venting

Sleeved High-Power Tinsel Lead Wires

Spring Loaded Nickel-Plated Terminals

Other search terms: CVR12 2 ohms, CVR122, 07CVR12, 07CVR122, 07CVR 12" 2 ohm, CompVR 12", CVR 12", Comp VR

Authorized Internet Dealer

1-year Manufacturer's Warranty

If you really wanna bangin system for that budget, I would suggest you refer to my exact fiasco with the same budget. The forum recommended the entire build and although I was skeptical, i decided to take a leap of faith and go for it, and man am I glad I took their word.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/540133-2-weeks-my-obsidian-15-d4-aspm-1500-a.html

My system is loud to me! And thats with a poorly designed box! I would reckon I am hitting somewhere around 130ish dB with my current box. Once I have a better box built for the sub, I reckon I could climb to the mid 130's. Thats **** loud for a single 15. One thing this forum is going to tell you is that you'd rather get 1 good sub instead of 2 okay or mediocre subs.

$500 isn't going to get you a lot. If you expect sonic booms to come out of your car, move on. But if you want reasonable bump with the occasional bassfest I would highly recommend doing a setup similar to mine.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. I annoyed thee **** outta this forum, but I have learned a LOT for being here for 2 months.

Trust me on this, they know a lot more than you think they would know! Take their word! Ignore the rude people though, they aren't worth your time arguing with.

Spend more money on a good setup, and you'll be muchh happier. You might think increasing your budget will ****, but it will definitely pay off in the end. If your adamante, go with a setup like mine!

WELCOME, AND MAY GOOD BUMP BE IN YOUR FUTURE

A professional will probably charge you a little less than half of your budget just in labor, so that severely cuts into your sub/box/amp/head unit/wiring money.

I suggest figuring out how to install this by yourself; you'll learn and save a lot. The most "difficult" aspect of your install would be the head unit, just because you might have to take out part of your dash.

That Kicker will sound like doo doo, so you'll want to look around for something better. If you want something that will get pretty loud, look into the SSA Dcon and Gcon, the Sundown SA, Skar VVX, that Obsidian, or maybe something from DC, Fi Audio, Audioque, or Cadence.

being in florida, there may also be someone from the forum willing to help/show you/teach you how to put your system in,as well as recommendations for the best your money can buy..what vehicle you looking to put a system in?you can also get good used gear also to save some funds in the classifieds..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.