New to car audio. Opinions on my Equipment?

Participant count
  • Participant list

1chayward

I'm new to this forum and wanted to get some opinions on the equipment I plan on running in my 2012 F150 Plat. Super Crew with NAV/Sony/Sync. I've chosen to run with:

AudioControl LC7i Black 6-Channel Line Output Converter with Bass Restoration

Pioneer TS-A6886R 6" x 8" 4-Way Speaker x 4

Rockford R300X4 Prime 4-Channel Amplifier

Kicker Comp RT 12" SVC 2ohm Subwoofer Enclosure

Rockford P400X1 Punch 1-Channel Mono Block Amplifier 400W RMS x 2 ohm

I will be mounting the sub under the rear seat. Haven't decided if I'm going to make spacers and down fire the Sub or not, any suggestions on that or my equipment would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you arent opposed to using component speakers, i would recommend them for the front at minimum...Pioneer makes some of the best coaxials around with the TS-D series but, its hard to beat components on average...Sound quality is improved greatly with components...I would also consider using an active cross over as opposed to the passive crossovers component speakers come with.. The rest looks just fine in my opinion...To go with components you need simple and cheap adapter plates..it fits in your stock 6x8 opening but has a hole in the center to mount a 6.5" mid woofer...6.5" speakers perform better in general than 4x6 , 5x7 or 6x8 type speakers....A really good front sound stage with some bass added in is where its at.

Stay away from kicker subs...what's your budget and how much space do you have for a sub box? If you're strapped for space, look into DC Audio subs

What components do you like? I've looked into Kicker and Fosgate reviews and seem to get mixed feeling between both of them. I really like JL but C5's are a bit pricey. Any suggestions?

Consider the $75.00 and up range to give a pretty good entry level sound stage up front...Kicker and fosgate are considered maybe just mehhh sounding ...If the $120 range isnt too much i would maybe look into some Polk DB 6501 components or some Infinity reference models...Dont forget though you will need adapter plates to go with a 6.5 sized speaker....MJM makes about the best adapters ive seen....A little pricey at almost $20.00 a pair but they offer a 50% off rebate for sending in install pics.

I wouldnt worry so much about speakers for the rear beside the sub(s)..You wont notice much of a difference in sound..A good sound stage comes from the front anyways...The bass from the sub will blend in and give off a wonderful sound to your ears.

If you MUST use rear speakers just get some coaxials for that..its not near as important as it is up front, for rear fill.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.