New to car audio.. need help building an affordable setup

Vice

so right now i am using stock speakers in my 2006 elantra and am very interested in getting an nice setup however i am on a budget. I dont know much a bout car audio and am getting it done by Best Buy who is doing it for around $100-$150. Im not to sure if thats overcharging or what but thats whats on there website. I only want to spend around $600-$700 on an entire setup and installation. I LOVE BASS, Id like to get the most powerful/affordable Sub and amp combo that sounds clean and can shake my car(haha). any help i can get will be greatly appreciated please comment on your recommendations and thoughts

What amp should i get and should i get two soundqubed hds312's or one? will i need a new car battery? or any other parts?
http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/

get any in the online store i mentioned. they are alll good amps. sundown, soundwubed, crescendo, american bass ect... start with one sub and a properly ported box. to power 2 of those subs chances are you will need a 2nd battery adn HO alternator, and 0 gauge wire. your talking like $1000 in electrical alone. so stay away from that. stick to around 1200rms and a single sub. dont get ahed of yourself

does my amp need to match the rms of the sub? and someone on a different forum said one sub wont "rattle anything" is this false?
you have to understand this is a VERY opinion based hobby that NO ONE will ever agree on something. heres a hds312 on 1200w https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSvCAevqNfY

now to me thats fine. to some thats way too much and i get yelled at, to others they might say "theres a subwoofer there?" get it?

its better to match rms or go over the subs rms becasue theres alot of factors that go into plaay while playing music. but ignore that for now. stick to matching your subs rms or going over if possible. its not bad to underpower your sub though. dont let soomeone tell you that becasue you arent powering it correct youll blow it.

but with your budget you really dont have many options. your going to get power in the low thousands and subs in the $150-$220 range.

As far as power from the amp and subs matching, it is always better to have more clean power than your subs need. You can always keep the amp turned down and then you have room to grow if you decide to get stronger woofers down the road. It will also keep you from clipping the signal to your sub(s) if you want them to move more.

it depends on your taste.. I assume you're getting an aftermarket head unit, right? If so, you can set the high pass filter to where it keeps the bass out of the stock speakers so that when you turn it up, they don't get damaged. A lot of guys are okay with this and the speakers will last a long time.

I am getting a new headunit and yeah id like to get new speakers also, nothing too expensive but with devent audio quality

btw i mainly listen to house/edm and dubstep. but sometimes like to listen to classical rock

With that type of music (except classic rock) you probably wouldn't tell a difference. If anything, the aftermarket door speakers would give you better clarity and it would probably be more noticeable with the classic rock.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

I don't remember what they cost but the JBL GTO series door speakers are great if you can get them for 50-60/pair. That's what I used to get them for at least

I would suggest with that budget focus on, Head unit, amp, subs. aftermarket headunit will make your factory speakers sound better and u can upgrade later on if you want to. You said you like bass, from the recent research i have done sundowns seem to be pretty good bang for you buck, amp im not sure yet, im ordering a PPI 1000.1 phantom. for the money another best bang for you buck, I would though suggest if you can afford it go with a more powerful amp than what the speakers are rated for, for 3 reasons, 1 u can set a higher wattage amp to the same rms as lower power speakers, #2 your amp will run cooler, #3 if you want to upgrade, you can buy more powerful subs down the line and not worry bout getting another amp.

I have 2 like new American bass tnt 10s d4 in a aeroported enclosure tuned to 35 Hz. selling them in box 200 + shipping. with a 500 watt alpine amp that's 1 ohm stable for 250 + shipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.