New system?

Participant count
  • Participant list
So a few months ago i put a kicker dx600.5 in my car. I have some real old sealed kicker 10's @ 2ohms. This amp will push 300W at 2ohms yet these kickers sound very bad. So is it possible to get nice loud bass out of 300W or should i buy a larger amp just for subs?

So a few months ago i put a kicker dx600.5 in my car. I have some real old sealed kicker 10's @ 2ohms. This amp will push 300W at 2ohms yet these kickers sound very bad. So is it possible to get nice loud bass out of 300W or should i buy a larger amp just for subs?
first off, move the box around, where its facing and how far it is away from the trunk lid plays a big role in output. Along with setting your gains properly.

Next thing would be the box. Throw it in a custom ported box.

I have, they are also just very old and i would like to replace them. I believe they are from the early 90's, don't even have dust covers. I can't even find specs on these to figure out volume and tuning specs.

Sounds like the subs may be toast So yes a possible replacement may be needed. To box you said is ported. Is it a custom. Or store bought box. As that also can be an issue

The boxes are laughable. They are sealed boxes that had mids and tweeters built into them..
Yea. I remember those. Utter junk. Start over. Trust me. I as well as other can recommend. Or even sell you what you might want. Just need a budget and goals

Yea. I remember those. Utter junk. Start over. Trust me. I as well as other can recommend. Or even sell you what you might want. Just need a budget and goals
well, i didn't buy them. I got them from my dad, he used them in the early 90's. But i just want to know if i'll be able to get good bass out of 300W from my kicker amp. I'm not going to be doing any competitions or anything. I just want a nice loud sub. I would like to stay around $200

well, i didn't buy them. I got them from my dad, he used them in the early 90's. But i just want to know if i'll be able to get good bass out of 300W from my kicker amp. I'm not going to be doing any competitions or anything. I just want a nice loud sub. I would like to stay around $200
$200 can get you a decent little sub pretty easy Now if you need a box to. Then you'll either need to build one or. Buy one local. Which will put you over $200. If you build yourself it can be done. Sub and box under $209

$200 can get you a decent little sub pretty easy Now if you need a box to. Then you'll either need to build one or. Buy one local. Which will put you over $200. If you build yourself it can be done. Sub and box under $209
Definitely going to build my box. Is it a problem to underpower subs? I really want to get a Sundown sub, but do not want to upgrade my amp yet. So i'd be powering a 500W sub with 300W

Definitely going to build my box. Is it a problem to underpower subs? I really want to get a Sundown sub, but do not want to upgrade my amp yet. So i'd be powering a 500W sub with 300W
Will be fine. Just will take longer to break in. That's all. Sounds like your looking at the sd sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.