New System, Please help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

acarter25

Alright guys, I just recently bought a boat and it came just with an old radio and two speakers. The speakers aren't bad but they aren't super loud. I am looking for a cheap system and I think i may have found one. I already have a head unit so all I need is an amp/box/sub/wiring. I went to the local shop and they have a 10" kicker comp in a truck box with an amp, specs are shown below. The only thing I am worried about is if it will be loud enough. I don't have much experience in this field so I was looking to get some opinions from people who do! Please let me know if you think this will work or if you have any suggestions of something else I could use. Also if I should get two more speakers to add. Thanks!!

10TC104 Sub Enclosure w/10” Sub

08DX100.2 Amplifier

well first off, are you talking marine audio or are you just throwing in regular stuff? lots of people put car audio in boats, just make sure you try to do some moisture prevention. And alot depends on where your sub is located, but in most scenarios a kicker comp 10 i doubt would be very loud. remember boats are open and when the boats runing, etc it takes a decent stereo to be "loud"

well first off, are you talking marine audio or are you just throwing in regular stuff? lots of people put car audio in boats, just make sure you try to do some moisture prevention. And alot depends on where your sub is located, but in most scenarios a kicker comp 10 i doubt would be very loud. remember boats are open and when the boats runing, etc it takes a decent stereo to be "loud"
and it takes just as much power to enable the system the potential to be loud!

This stuff is just regular car audio, it will be in a dry environment so no worries there. The sub would be in the cockpit of the boat, in the rear facing forward. yes the running part is a little what I'm worried about. although in the end, as long as it sounds good with the boat shut off or when we are just tied up hanging out, that is my biggest need. So i am not sure if I should go and try to find a deal with two subs or if I should just look for one sub that will be louder. The boat is setup in a way that one sub will be much easier to install than two.

Thank you for the reply

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.