New system need to know some info

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am a novice as far as car audio. I purchased a system that should fit the specs of my car, a 2005 new model VW Jetta. Im not sure if I have everything I need and would like to know the quality and performance of these items first hand if there is any.

Do I need a secondary amp for the components? Should I purchase a power cap? Will the amp, sub and box combo have the sound that should come with a mid range set up? Is there anything that I may have missed besides wires? Any recomendations for where in the New Castle, DE area to get it installed? And, any recomendations for connecting my Zune to the head unit?

Alpine Type-X SWX-1243D 12" Dual 4-ohm Component Subwoofer

Alpine MRP-M1000 1000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms

Single 12" Unloaded Vented Single 12" Vented 1.75 Cu ft, Fb 38Hz

Alpine CDA-9886 CD Receiver

Infinity Reference 6030cs 6-1/2" 2-Way Component System (Rear doors)

Infinity Kappa 32.9cf 3-1/2" 2-way Car Speakers (Front doors)

PAC C2R-VW Volkswagen Radio Replacement Interface

Volkswagen Jetta Kit 2005-up

Euro Antenna Adapter OEM F to OEM F to Motorola M

Dynamat 10415 Xtreme Speaker K Speaker Kit, 10-in. x 10-in. 2 Sheets

no power cap and look for a lower tune box for daily 32-35 would workwell. u dont have to get all that big name company stuff. look around for stuff like re dd sundown audioq . the list goes on

no power cap and look for a lower tune box for daily 32-35 would workwell. u dont have to get all that big name company stuff. look around for stuff like re dd sundown audioq . the list goes on
Hehe, what do you mean by lower tune box for daily 32 - 35? I'm really green under the gills hehe. I also only have access to internet since my current disposition is stuck in Iraq, so full website names would be great.

He meansthat if you get a box tuned between 32-35 htz you will get the best sound and a better range of notes the subwoofer will play do you have a budget ? are you going sound quality or just LOUD ? Ficaraudio.com makes amazing woofers

a lower tune box would b good for lower bass , higher tune boxs sound like crap on music. well rap that is see rap music is good for lower bass if u like rock u can tune a tad higher and b happy sh it u can go with a sealed box. there is a site on ebay that sells prefab boxs yes people will say go with a coustom box but u cant cuz your far away doin your thing. this site might not ship to u lol

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/w-w-w-dimensionaudio-c-o-m_Unloaded-Sub-Enclosures_W0QQ_fsubZ18QQ_sidZ99889803QQ_trksidZp4634Q2ec0Q2em322

Well I can honestly say I have been had by the brand name bias and paid too much for something that isnt what I was expecting. Oh well live and learn, lol. Thanks for the info, if you can think of anything else please let me know. I wish I had come here before buying.

Most of the stuff you listed is good sh!t. I know your new to car audio but I'm trying to think why tou would get the jl comps for the rears and infinity for the front??? Ditch the rears all together and don't get the infinity ones because they sound like sh!t. Don't get the cap and I would go sealed on the sub box because I like sealed better and it will work better for you since your buying a prefab. Have you bought the gear yet? Any of it?

What size amp are you gonna get? I would say get the some cdt comps or ppi 356's. The cdts get great reviews and are cheap and the ppi's I can vouch for myself because I own a pair. They are under $140 shipped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.