New system going in my wife's car...

LBC99
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I decided to upgrade my wife's stock system in her Lancer with a budget setup that hopefully should sound good.

I already had her head unit, everything else was purchased on ebay this week. Hopefully I have it here in time to install next weekend.

HU: Panasonic CQ-C8303U - I bought this 6 months ago, wife liked it because she can upload her own pictures as a wallpaper on it. I was pleasantly surprised how good it made her stock speakers sound.

Amp: Alpine MRP-F250 (50x4 RMS) - $76 shipped used, ebay

Comps: Phoenix Gold RSD65cs - $87 shipped new, ebay

Rear: Phoenix Gold RSD6.5 coaxials - $57 shipped new, ebay

Deadener: 2 - Dynamat xtreme speaker kits - $27 shipped, ebay

I went with coaxials in the rear because she didn't really want too much bass. I thought about some tangband 6 1/2 subs for the rear deck, but she really wanted music coming from the back.

From what I've read on here, everyone said the PG RSD's were some really good speakers for the price. I figured with the rear being amped along with some dynamat, they should produce a decent amount of bass.

Feel free to post comments. Does anyone else have a similiar setup? I'll take some pics of the install to share once the time comes.

Hmmm, not to hate or anything...but I would have suggested a 5ch amp. So you could still retain the option of adding a sub, which we all know will come after 3 months.
That bloody audio bug bites hard...

fyi; found this..

http://cgi.ebay.com/MRA-F350-Alpine-250-watt-5-channel-theater-amplifier_W0QQitemZ120158440684QQihZ002QQcategoryZ39739QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I could always add a mono amp if she wanted a sub. She's heard a sub in my car, she never really cared for it.

That 5 channel amp looks pretty nice. The opening bid was more than what I wanted to spend though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.