New system, first timer

Participant count
  • Participant list

sweet_madness94
10+ year member

Cool, CA
Hello I'm new here and have been reading around the forums for a few days. I'm planning on getting 2 12" Alpine type r subs, which will be powered by a kicker dx1000.1, which I already have. I'm still having difficulty finding whether the amp is 1000 watts at 1 ohm or 2 ohms as the website and user manuals are conflicting.

I would like to know what everyone thinks of this setup, if the amp is decent enough for the subs. On the birthsheet it is rated at 1172 watts. I'm not looking for any competition winner, just something that hits decent and will sound good for a daily system. My '97 4runner is wired with 4 ga wire and I'm probably going to do the big three. I will be building a ported box for the subs, and would appreciate it if you guys could give me any input on anything or link me to something on what size box would be ideal. Thanks!

1000rms @ 1ohm. your birthsheet should state the voltage/load, shouldn't it? anyways, it should power the 2 type r's fine. a centerfire slotted vent box per alpine's spec should do nicely. how many feet is the 4awg run in there now? i would keep it under the rt side of the back seat to keep length down, until you go bigger...

Naw the sheet they give just says if it passes and gives the output. yeah idk what impedance it really is, in the manual its 1 ohm but i emailed a kicker tech person and they said it was 1000w at 2 ohm. its also 2 ohms on their site but 1 ohm on others... its pissing me off cuz i cant order my subs till i know for sure. yeah the amp is going to be under the passenger seat so theres not to much power cable run.

According to the user manual the 2011 DX shows 1000w @ 2 ohm @ 14.4v. I would stick with the manual and not go below 2 ohm.

I have ran 4 12" Type R's sealed with 1000w rms to each pair and have no complaints other than my cracked dash and overhead console shook loose.

Just my opinion but dont fire your subs straight up unless you enjoy listening to your cab flex rattle.

No experience with ported but I am sure you will get some help with this.

Should be a nice daily driver.

well, one way to tell, is to put it on a 2ohm load and measure the ac output voltage. if it goes over 45v, then that's over 1kw. 4ohm rating anywhere i can see is 280wrms, so that stands to reason that the ratings of 280@4/550@2/1000@1 are most likely the accurate rms. now, it is probably rated for 1k max @2ohms.....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.