New subs today, Im dissapointed. I have questions

And last question. Should I go back to the installer and bring up these issues? The people there are very nice and I don't want to be a pain in the *** if my expectations were too high. But for a $1000 I feel like it should be louder
Did they know what your expectations were? If they did , go back. If they didn't, still go back. Buyer's remorse ***** just as much as getting ripped off.

Yea jl ripped you a good one
1000 bux holy sore assshole
Did they know what your expectations were? If they did , go back. If they didn't, still go back. Buyer's remorse ***** just as much as getting ripped off.

Why are you people keep saying he got ripped off? A 12W1v3 costs abut $150~200 each, a 500/1 costs about $300, all brand new in the box. Add the wires, LOC and the charge to install everything $1000 is about right. Keep in mind that he now has warranty on his purchased equipment unlike many things bought off the net so he isn't SOL if something went defective in a month, no return shipping to worry about either. Also, have you people ever thought about the people who don't want to DIY and have the money to pay for someone else to do it? Do you expect people to weld their own car exhaust or cut a hole in the ceiling to install an aftermarket sunroof too?

Why are you people keep saying he got ripped off? A 12W1v3 costs abut $150~200 each, a 500/1 costs about $300, all brand new in the box. Add the wires, LOC and the charge to install everything $1000 is about right. Keep in mind that he now has warranty on his purchased equipment unlike many things bought off the net so he isn't SOL if something went defective in a month, no return shipping to worry about either. Also, have you people ever thought about the people who don't want to DIY and have the money to pay for someone else to do it? Do you expect people to weld their own car exhaust or cut a hole in the ceiling to install an aftermarket sunroof too?
If he is disappointed he got ripped off.

And for the money a pair of dcons and a good 500-1000w amp would only run around 500 for something decent the rest of the prices where fine but jl is overpriced period warrenty of not.

You used to be able to get 2 dcons 12s and an ia 5.1 for 500 plus shipping new with warranty. Or 2 I series from ia if you wanted matching subs.

Hell 2 ab xfls and a ph-2500md would be louder and sound good for just over 500

Just saying he coulda got a whole lot more for his money ..if i spent 1000 bucks id be pissed if that was the system that ended up in my car...if something fails in the system yes it will likely be replaced but why would he wamt somethimg to be warrantied that he isnt happy with to begin with?

Getting ripped off or not is irrelevant to the OP's state of mind. He's not happy with the sound. I think we should be encouraging him to go back to the installer and see if they can work out something that will make him happy. If they are as nice as he says it should be np.

I've got 350 watts going to a single Focal p30 12" sub, in a Focal built ported enclosure. That combo wasn't cheap, and it doesn't rattle my doors...but it sounds good as ****. It compliments my Focal ps165 flax components perfectly...all powered by one amp. I'm betting you told the shop you wanted a quality sounding system, and downplayed the fact that you wanted an spl style system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.