New subs needed..RE SE or SX?

5o4m6
10+ year member

I have not been keeping up with the car audio industry lately, but I have been catching up on the forums. I sold my previous setup: 2 12's W3V3 in a sealed box because it was weighing the car down(car is lowered), and thought that I can live without the bump. lol it has been a month and I cant do it anymore, I need something to fill in those low freq.

As of now, I'm looking at 1 12, either the RE SE and SX. Since I'm trying to keep save space and weight, I might go sealed. But if I do go ported, I can just raise the rears a little higher. I never ran RE's line before, and want to give them a shot. I have a nine.1 available so that is in favor of the SX, but I read that the SE can take 1000 easy if I watch the gains. How are these prices on ebay:

$159 + 29 shipping for an 07 RE SE

or

$175 + 31 shipping for RE SX, the 07 models are $259 +37.

Is there a big diff from the old and 07 models?

Anyone has anyone of these subs for sale?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks, any input would be appreciated.

depends what you're going for....i had the SEs and i loved them..ported and sealed... one the the best sounding subs i have ever owned...phenomenal SQ and got pretty loud...the SXs are louder but from what i heard won't have the natural bottom end that the SEs do...but either way RE is a good choice...i think the only differences between 06 and 07 is the new cones..specs should all be the same

how many SEs were you running, and what box sizes? Im trying to get an idea of what size box would be sufficient for each sub. My previous setup was sealed, so I might go with ported this time around to keep the same/or more output. I really enjoy the low freq's and might just go with the SE's. However, the SX is only $20 more..so its a tough call.

I own both... 2 12" SE's in my 03 intrepid, and 3 15" SX in my 85' Bronco. IMO the SE for SQ the SX for SQL.

I want to sell my two 12" SE's and go with one 15" SX in my intrepid. I think one 15" SX will be just as loud if not louder than 2 12 SE's. but thats me. SQ for the SX is fine for me. But in the right enclosure the SE's will get loud, and sound REALLY clean.

I currently own both and prefer the sx over the se, the SX get louder and still retain good sq

2 of the 3 15" SX im running now are the new 07' cones with the small "SX" letters at the bottom and the 07' are very sexy cones.

I heard the SE's got the same make over on the cones.

Specs are still the same on both models though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.