New Subs, Amp, and wiring HELP PLZ!!

pjvoc

Reppin Da ~402~
10+ year member
Aug 12, 2006
hey guys, I recently upgraded my current system from 2 alphasonik subs (400watts max)

and a q reference amp (460watts max), to 2 acoustic audio 12" subs (400watts rms each) and a cuspid extreme (1600watts max). I have built a box, its not perfect but it has everything but carpet. I have a 1600w amp kit with 4 gague wire, wired to my amp. Everything should work fine, but my subs sound horrible! If i turn my deck past 15 its not loud and it just is distorted to the highest degree! It really sounds like S***! I was wondering if theres anything im doing wrong... I know the items I have are very low quality, but the stuff I had before was even lower! and it sounded better than it does now, any help would be appreciated!

P.s I was also wondering if this problem might be comming from an incorrect bridging of my 4 channel AMP?? it just struck me that it might be the problem plz give me some feedback!

pjvoc

Reppin Da ~402~
10+ year member
Aug 12, 2006
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
are gains input levels? Because my amp only has left input and right input levels...also, when I plug my RCA cables into one side, the other sub doesnt play, I have to plug the red into the right side and the white into the left because there is 4 jacks, and i only have 2 RCA cables, could this also be from a wrong bridging?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest threads

Latest classifieds