New sub... need Amp help

cjwise

CarAudio.com Newbie
tn
getting a single 12, have the box and line out, just need an amp. It is a 250w RMS 1000w Peak with 35-200Hz frequency. 4ohms, looking at boss r1100mk, which is 1100w max, 550w max w/ 1@4ohms. will this work? i know its a cheap setup, have bose already so dont want crazy so pls just let me know if its going to work instead of criticizing. Thanks!

I don't know what the price of the Boss is but imho you would be way better with say a Pioneer Class D monoblock or a kicker class D. They can be had for less than 200 and will outperform and outlive that Boss unit. Sure it will power your sub but I say do it once the right way!

Would this amp work?
Screenshot_20191203-221120_Samsung Internet.jpg

dont need power to my door speakers, i have a factory bose system and amp doing everything else thanks though. it is simply for the sub, and i dont want to complicate it anymore than that. like i said, not looking to hear that it is cheap or not good just asking if it works.

I don't know what the price of the Boss is but imho you would be way better with say a Pioneer Class D monoblock or a kicker class D. They can be had for less than 200 and will outperform and outlive that Boss unit. Sure it will power your sub but I say do it once the right way!
ah finally, something helpful. thanks a lot

ah finally, something helpful. thanks a lot
Several amps you could go with. Sonicelectronics has the infinity k600 for 120. If you're wanting to stay with more mainstream brand amps the infinity or pioneer are probably going to be the best price but if you can get a deal on a Rockford kicker alpine etc why not all would be leaps and bounds better than boss and actually do their rated power and then some in some cases. That infinity is under rated for example.

IIRC that Boss r1100 only does like 115 watts rms at 4 ohms.
The pioneer, infinity and Taramps amplifiers that others have mentioned are all much better deals.
I would add Audiopipe to the list for budget amplifiers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.