New sub install producing random niose

Jack10525
10+ year member

Hello all,

I recently installed a Alpine Type-R 10" sub in my 07 Acura TL-S. The sub is power by an Alpine MPR-500 amp. I ran a 4 gauge power cable from the battery down the driver side to the trunk. I also used an add a fuse for the remote turn on and routed that down the drivers side too. For the ground I drilled a hole near the base of the rear seat. I made sure I removed the paint and exposed bare metal. The ground is about 12" long. For the rca inputs to the amp I used a sni-35 line output converter from the factory sub wires. I checked all connections and they are tight but I get random base niose. Kinda like feedback. What do I need to check? Thanks.

what is the noise?
The noise sounds like interference. When shifting from park to drive or when accerating I get random noise through the sub. Even when the radio is on a commercial and no music is playing. This is random. Meaning it is not always there. It sounds like a low humming that gets louder and then fades back out. I ran the 4 gauge power cable and the remote turn on wire down the drivers side of the car to the trunk. Could the power cable be causing the interference? Can anybody suggest a remote turn on wire from the trunk?

The noise sounds like interference. When shifting from park to drive or when accerating I get random noise through the sub. Even when the radio is on a commercial and no music is playing. This is random. Meaning it is not always there. It sounds like a low humming that gets louder and then fades back out. I ran the 4 gauge power cable and the remote turn on wire down the drivers side of the car to the trunk. Could the power cable be causing the interference? Can anybody suggest a remote turn on wire from the trunk?
what kind of RCA cables did you use?, do your RCAs and Power wire cross at any point?, did you check your ground via DMM?, what did you tap to get your remote?, is your LOC adjustable?

what kind of RCA cables did you use?, do your RCAs and Power wire cross at any point?, did you check your ground via DMM?, what did you tap to get your remote?, is your LOC adjustable?

I am not sure of what rca cables I used. The came in a amp wiring kit. The rca's do not cross the power cable. How do I check the groun via dmm? I first ran the remote turn on from an add a fuse a the fuse box. It ran down the drivers side along with the power cable. I thought this might be causing interference so I chose found a wire in the truck off the nav that is 12v switched. The loc is adjustable. I have tried it at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full. Still get the noise. The noise seems to happen mostly when shifting from park to drive or reverse and when the car is idling. Once I tap the gas the noise goes away.

I am not sure of what rca cables I used. The came in a amp wiring kit. The rca's do not cross the power cable. How do I check the ground via dmm? I first ran the remote turn on from an add a fuse a the fuse box. It ran down the drivers side along with the power cable. I thought this might be causing interference so I chose found a wire in the truck off the nav that is 12v switched. The loc is adjustable. I have tried it at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and full. Still get the noise. The noise seems to happen mostly when shifting from park to drive or reverse and when the car is idling. Once I tap the gas the noise goes away.

I could be wrong here, but I thought you were suppose to run your remote turn on down the same path as the rca's and not have it near the power wire. Is this true? If so, it could be your problem.

I could be wrong here, but I thought you were suppose to run your remote turn on down the same path as the rca's and not have it near the power wire. Is this true? Of so, it could be your problem.
ur not supposed to have the rcas near the power wire...itll make noises

The rca's are no where near the power cable. I think it may be the ground wire. I am going to try grounding it again. Sorry I am not a pro installer. Just a guy that wanted a better sound than stock....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.