New SQ/SQL sub options

What Sub for SAX-1200D

• Total voters
Heh... Well I think that'd be an interesting comparison. I'l just say.... the entire SSA line is known for being SQ/L oriented, every single one of their drivers is designed for that. Whereas, Fi has a line-up with a bit more diverse applications, and their Q is probably the most SQ oriented, with a variety of customization options to make it suit your goals perfectly. But if on the same power and in the same basic ported box design, I'd be surprised if you could really tell the difference in SQ between the two. One might happen to be louder due to efficiency at certain frequencies though. I would love to see an in-depth SQ review on em though.

Heh... Well I think that'd be an interesting comparison. I'l just say.... the entire SSA line is known for being SQ/L oriented, every single one of their drivers is designed for that. Whereas, Fi has a line-up with a bit more diverse applications, and their Q is probably the most SQ oriented, with a variety of customization options to make it suit your goals perfectly. But if on the same power and in the same basic ported box design, I'd be surprised if you could really tell the difference in SQ between the two. One might happen to be louder due to efficiency at certain frequencies though. I would love to see an in-depth SQ review on em though.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Although If there is an SSA sale coming up I think I might have to pick up a xcon 12. Although im probably just talking out of my ***... I would then be influenced to get a sundown 1500 and then adding like $300 to the bill :/

Given that the big 3 is in the engine bay and exposed to so many elements, I would only go with OFC, which is their Kolossus Fleks wire I believe. As for the speaker wire, whichever you prefer. If it were me, I'd use either the Kord or the Karma. I like the Kord cus it's compact and likely easier to run. The Karma would be ideal if I was amping all 4 speakers, and got the bi-wire, it'd make for a clean easy run. Plus it comes in one jacket so that may make your runs/install a little cleaner. And it's twisted so it could help reduce interference. Personally I'm picking up some Kord just cus it's more compact and still beefy OFC. As for the size, I'd get 14 gauge for the speakers, and 10 gauge for the subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...