New speaker guidance (Fi Q's)

Is there a way I can add a digital meter so I can know what my resting voltage is at every start up? Where would I hook that meter up to? I think I can manage the battery and the 1/0 wire. How would I charge the battery every week if I do hammer hard at any given time?
You can get stinger meter on ebay and wire it through the amps positive, negative, remote terminal or you can get a stinger cigarette lighter meter. When you charge the batteries it's most likely going to be the rear, make sure to disconnect the front first and mount the rear batt where it would be easily accessible.

Thanks guys for all the input. I have ordered 2 12" Fi Q's, the 1/0 gauge wires (for rear battery run, amp run, and big three) and the stinger meter so far. I will be ordering the yellow top battery and amp next paycheck (most likely sundown 2500). Will keep yall updated!

Oh and can I just get any battery recharger from like auto zone or is there one you guys recommend?

Ha, I'm doing a small SQ system. I am going to install everything but not even attempt to run it loud until I get a H/O alternator. There's no way my car will handle it. Hell, I turn my steering wheel and my dang lights dim a little. Even though I have 2 xp750 batteries, I don't think they'll help. Sure, they may prevent the dimming, but the alternator will slowly kill itself and the batteries. I had a dB drive okur a7 2000.1 amp hooked up to my old car. Tried to hook a huge d31 battery up, did the big three upgrade and everything. Voltage was dipping like crazy. Was not dimming anything, but it was horrible. Ended up buying an excessive amperage alternator for that buick, didn't have any voltage drop less than 14.4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Anything above 1,000 watt, I'd get a H/O alternator.

What my advice for you is, Follow these guy's ideas. Do a trail and error. See if you really need to do it. Although you probably would; it would be highly recommended that you do get a secondary battery, do the big three upgrade and get a nice H/O alternator. Trust me, you don't want to be buying all these nice subs and amplifiers and damage them because it's not getting enough voltage...or damage anything in your car. P.S. Adding a sound system in your car will void your warranty on some parts of the vehicle. (Not trying to scare you or anything, but I asked my dealership that and he said if anything was caused because of improper installation, it will void out the warranty and the repairs would have to come directly out of my pocket)

Thanks guys for all the input. I have ordered 2 12" Fi Q's, the 1/0 gauge wires (for rear battery run, amp run, and big three) and the stinger meter so far. I will be ordering the yellow top battery and amp next paycheck (most likely sundown 2500). Will keep yall updated!

Oh and can I just get any battery recharger from like auto zone or is there one you guys recommend?
Try to avoid yellow tops.

Ha, I'm doing a small SQ system. I am going to install everything but not even attempt to run it loud until I get a H/O alternator. There's no way my car will handle it. Hell, I turn my steering wheel and my dang lights dim a little. Even though I have 2 xp750 batteries, I don't think they'll help. Sure, they may prevent the dimming, but the alternator will slowly kill itself and the batteries. I had a dB drive okur a7 2000.1 amp hooked up to my old car. Tried to hook a huge d31 battery up, did the big three upgrade and everything. Voltage was dipping like crazy. Was not dimming anything, but it was horrible. Ended up buying an excessive amperage alternator for that buick, didn't have any voltage drop less than 14.4 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Anything above 1,000 watt, I'd get a H/O alternator.
What my advice for you is, Follow these guy's ideas. Do a trail and error. See if you really need to do it. Although you probably would; it would be highly recommended that you do get a secondary battery, do the big three upgrade and get a nice H/O alternator. Trust me, you don't want to be buying all these nice subs and amplifiers and damage them because it's not getting enough voltage...or damage anything in your car. P.S. Adding a sound system in your car will void your warranty on some parts of the vehicle. (Not trying to scare you or anything, but I asked my dealership that and he said if anything was caused because of improper installation, it will void out the warranty and the repairs would have to come directly out of my pocket)
Thanks for the heads up, my lex is already out of warranty so not worried about that but I will be hooking up the Stinger meter asap to get an idea of what my voltage is reading and go from there. Solid advice though thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Try to avoid yellow tops.
Why is that I have only heard good things about them? What do you recommend?

Thanks for the heads up, my lex is already out of warranty so not worried about that but I will be hooking up the Stinger meter asap to get an idea of what my voltage is reading and go from there. Solid advice though thanks! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Why is that I have only heard good things about them? What do you recommend?
Heard good things from who? You won't hear it on here. They are old tech and since production moved to Mexico they are not the same.

The one battery I will ever recommend is XS.
So if I replace my stock front battery with a comparable XS model + 1500RMS I should be fine to run system in my sig? I usually get about 14V when I first start it up and I bumps down to about 13.6 with no music, 13.2 on full tilt, and RARELY 12.8 when I'm pushing it HARD and not driving around. I don't have much light dimming but I want to give my AQ2200 full power without putting another battery in my trunk

So if I replace my stock front battery with a comparable XS model + 1500RMS I should be fine to run system in my sig? I usually get about 14V when I first start it up and I bumps down to about 13.6 with no music, 13.2 on full tilt, and RARELY 12.8 when I'm pushing it HARD and not driving around. I don't have much light dimming but I want to give my AQ2200 full power without putting another battery in my trunk
No. A battery will keep you in the 12s not 13s or 14s.

No. A battery will keep you in the 12s not 13s or 14s.
Right, I need a new alternator for that. What I'm trying to say is, will it raise my voltage EVEN the littlest bit. I see we both have Scions. I've tried looking into an alternator for my 2012 but no one makes a H/O one.

Right, I need a new alternator for that. What I'm trying to say is, will it raise my voltage EVEN the littlest bit. I see we both have Scions. I've tried looking into an alternator for my 2012 but no one makes a H/O one.
Voltage flows from the highest point. The alternator.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.