2013 Dodge Avenger, needs a sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

st0n3r
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Right now the car has nothing for a sound system. Ive got new 3.5's on the way, new 6 1/2s bought also. I have a 15" L7 in a 4.25 cubed box tuned to like 32hz. Its sub up, port back. Ran in a RF t1500bdcp amp tuned with a multimeter. I can say i really honestly wasnt impressed with it as much as i had hoped. It got loud without any problem, but it didnt feel like it got low or hit hard like a 15 on 1k+ should. If i can get this thing sold im looking to spend about $225 - $250 for a 12 or pair of 10's. The thing is i need to stay smaller on the box size, 4 cubes aint going to cut it as i need trunk space. The sub MUST be able to take 1000-1500 RMS. must THRIVE in 3 cubes or less ported or sealed. What do you all recommend as about $275 is the max im getting on local offers.

Or do you think with my current amp, big 3 upgrade and just going sealed on my box at the recommend specs would get me louder since 4.25 cubes is a bit on the smaller side for a 15" ported.

Well FI BL 10 Inch is 274 dollars. 1500 Watt RMS. Could do ported .7-1.5 Cubic. The 12 inch is 284 and is 1500 watt rms. Ported box: 1.8-2.5 cuft @ 28-33Hz, is listed on the website. I have actually seen an FI BL in person with amazing power. I know you say 275 is your max. but for 9 dollars more it could be an option.

Well without bring any hate on the kicker brand like folks always seem to do, how does that 12" FI BL compare to an L7 12" in terms of power, lows etc. I prefer the type of bass that you can feel coming down the street more than the bass that sounds like crap, so i suppose the term im looking for is how hard it can hit the lows.

Well without bring any hate on the kicker brand like folks always seem to do, how does that 12" FI BL compare to an L7 12" in terms of power, lows etc. I prefer the type of bass that you can feel coming down the street more than the bass that sounds like crap, so i suppose the term im looking for is how hard it can hit the lows.
Well for a small reference to what you get with FI BL You could watch youtube videos and compare to L7. Although I wouldn't fully recommend it, its prob the next best thing, next to actually seeing it in person. My friend only has 1 but it surely felt like it was 2. It was good enough to make his rearview mirror come off. FI BL Hits the lows real hard. To me I felt as if the FI Went harder then the Kicker L7, Kicker l7 is a common subwoofer choice around my area. You could feel the FI BL Outside of the car. But he also did not have an 2013 Dodge Avenger.

ADD ON: Kicker L7 Was good inside the car and a good trunk rattler though.

@iSteven; yea not many people around me have anything worth speaking of. My only real reference on subs personal experience wise is kicker l7's as its the only sub's ive personally ever used and have never had issues with them or the company. The time has come for me to venture away if i financially can. I know my trunk isnt big enough to house the size enclosure i need for ported which is why im curious as to how it would respond to a sealed box. I dont care for trunk rattling as its annoying, i want to be felt more than i am heard lol.

[quote name='st0n3r']@iSteven; yea not many people around me have anything worth speaking of. My only real reference on subs personal experience wise is kicker l7's as its the only sub's ive personally ever used and have never had issues with them or the company. The time has come for me to venture away if i financially can. I know my trunk isnt big enough to house the size enclosure i need for ported which is why im curious as to how it would respond to a sealed box. I dont care for trunk rattling as its annoying, i want to be felt more than i am heard lol.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I understand you there. As for rattling you could put some of that foam 2 sided tape around plate. as your car is actually very new there shouldn't be much else rattling other then that, even if that. I Have never had any problems with the kicker company as I personaly own a Kicker L3. But here is also a fairly good option. Alpine 10 inch. As you said you could do 1 12. Or 2 10s. Alpine Type R, 1000 Watt RMS. $132.50 Each. = 265. Cheaper then the FI BL, And theres 2. They seem to be recommend for 1.1 cubic feet ported. or .58 sealed. two would be 2.2 or so ported or 1.16 sealed. of course its a number around that. so if your looking for 3.0 or less, this would be very workable with you. I Look up subwoofers by soniceletronix because as when I buy speakers or amplifiers iv checked on over 10 websites and see they sometimes have the best price. I did not look everywhere for the Alpine to find out more about it but its easily done. Alpine SWR-10D4 (swr10d4) 10" Dual 4-Ohm Type-R Series Car Subwoofer

ADD ON: I Also believe Alpines new type R is 2013 model. or late 2012. its pretty new.

[quote name='st0n3r']@mylows10; is that your price on the XFL 12? How would it compare to say 2 10 XFL's? or would i need a lot more than the 2.2'ish ?[/QUOTE]
195 shipped for a xfl new ,12, for 10's you'll need 3^3 to 3.5 for the pair .every xfl 12 i've installed has been bad azz ,so i think you'll be happy .the the box i said it will get very loud and nasty low

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.