new setup

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 806
    Participant count
  • Participant list
Well, for SPL the 2-12's would obviously beat out the 10's, but the 10's will give you a much "tighter" bass response. You can still knock out some good SPL numbers with a pair of 10's, but not quite as much as 2-12's. In your case I would go with a sealed box. You can probably pick up a pair of JL W0's for around $200 (both) or a pair of JL W3's for around $300 (both). You might even be able to get a better deal than that. Another sub that comes to mind that is relatively cheap is the Adire Audio Shiva @ $125 a piece, not a bad deal. They have a good combination of SQ and SPL. I have seen the specs myself and heard very good things about them. You would probably want to pick up an amp capable of around 600 wRMS. The JBL 1200.1 is pretty affordable at around $300, Rangerman holds bragging rights on 2 of those puppies. Basically, you really would need to go out and listen to some subs, because I can only give you my personal opinion. So that should run you around the $600 you have to spend. Make sure if you purchase anything it has a money back guarantee (over internet), incase you can't listen to it, and you got it installed and don't like it.

thanx, i was thinking of jl audio, i really need 2 hear them, cuz i was thinking of 2 12 jlw0 with a 250/1, or 2 10 jlaudio w-3 with 500/1, but will putting these subs in sealed boxes make them sound bad when ur trunk is open and ur looking at the subs, it seems all my friends with sealed boxes, including me, sound bad from the outside of the trunk, but from the car r great. and a kid with a ported box sounds great from the trunk. what gauge wire wuld i need also?

If you have the money go with the w3 setup. You will be happy that you spent the few extra dollars. I just recently traded my 2 Rockford 15" punch hx2's for a pair of JL 12w3's. Im much happier with the w3's they have pretty tight response to them and they sound really nice. I also had 3 10w3's they were also very nice and the bass was very tight and they sounded excellent. JL is a good choice for subs.

I would go with the 500/1, if you have no plans of upgrading. But if you went with the JBL 1200.1, you can always add another sub, and still give adequate power. You can overpower a sub, don't worry about it, the way subs are blown is from abuse. I would go with a sealed enclosure, you can always use a sound deadening material to fix your rattles, and with a ported box, you would be working against your SQ. As far as wiring I would go with 4 gauge wiring, you can possibly get away with 8 gauge depending on how long you need it. If it's more than 8 feet, I'd say 4 gauge. If your gonna go with the JBL, then 4 gauge for sure.

well imma put this new system in my new 00 maxima if i get it, so imma hook it up once and thats it. i need 2 look at the trunk, cuz i do want some practicality, so maybe 2 jl w3 10

s and a 500/1, with 4 gauge wire, wuld that be around 600?

500/1 amps are really nice, but when your battleing the price wars its realitivly pricey amp in the 500 watt series. A rockford 500.2 would be a little cheaper with about the same amount of power. Downside you ask? Well rockfords like a strong 12v+ at all times to push out the max wattage, the JL 500/1 has the intelli power source where it will kick out all of its power weither it has 10-12v+ running to it. If you have the money go with the JL, if price is the issure go with the rockford. This is an expensive hobby, go with what you can get. And dont let anyone knock on your ****.

sounds good, i want a quality amp that puts out the power it says constantly, and i know jl amps do at least that, plus with jl subs it shuld be sweet, and trust me no1 knows my ****, even my present crappy system with 2 pioneer 10s and an mtx amp, not loud, but clean and clear 4 sho.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.