New setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

rgclakers
10+ year member

Earth
i'm selling my car and maybe my boston separates and rf punch amp will go with it. i'll probably get the subs(2 w6v2) and the amp(kx1200.1) and replace them with 12" kicker comps. the rf will power these comps. i'd like to put in a sound system there so that buyers would be more enticed to get it...

this is what i'm planning with the new car. i've now got the option of kick panels this time since this is an automatic transmission. my previous one had a manual tranny so fitting in a kick with the clutch was out of the question.

separates: (fronts)

1. JL Audio 3way XR's

2. Diamond Audio s500 2way + s6 mx3 (3way upgrade kit)

3. focal polykevs 3 way set

rear:

matching coax speaker brand for whichever sep i would get above.

the dealers here don't have a demo car except for the Diamonds and JLs which i heard last week or so when there was a local car show. the JL's sounded so good to me. the diamonds also sounded great on another demo car install but i've rarely heard of them as a brand. the focals... i've heard em on a shop, and i was'nt too impressed. partly because it was powered with a 20wx2 "not so good brand" amp and a very old Alpine deck... so in the absence of a really good install to listen to, how do you rate the focals vs diamonds vs JL's?

thanks

You really can't go wrong with either of those 3.....I'd personally probably take the Focals, but I'm not positive, because I love the Diamonds as well.......but price should be probably be your first determining factor.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.