New setup, one problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

nft987

I recently installed Focal 165 a1 component speakers. The tweeters sound great but the woofers sound very thin and tinny with almost no low end almost like big tweeters. They are hooked up to a Sony DSX -s300BTX head unit and Pioneer MD6500f amp. I also use a JL audio 10w1v2 subwoofer connected to a JL audio amp that fills in most of the midrange. But I know the system would sound better if the woofers would do their job and fill in the rest of the middle of the sound like they are supposed to. When I listen to the system without the subwoofer it sounds very empty and bright. The amp produces the power required by the specs of the Focal speakers.

My question is just, what can I do to get the woofers to do their job and give out some low and midrange? I'd like to hear any ideas anyone may have. I have tried everything possible with every EQ I have in my system and I set the crossovers to favor the woofers. I'm out of ideas.

Thanks very much!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.