New ride... new system :)

beckSHO
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Michigan
I just bought a new, to me, 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I'm already in love with it. I used to have another Cherokee, but sold it for a Taurus SHO. After having some fun with the SHO I realized that I'm a Jeep guy at heart. So I sold the SHO and bought my Jeep! Anyways, you're all wanting to see and hear about the new system...

For the head unit I went with a 880PRS, and let me tell you... this thing rocks! 16-band EQ, timing alignment and so much more. This is the right head unit for me, a big SQ guy.

All wiring is KnuKonceptz stuff. However, the power and ground cable is a little.... stiff. Doesn't like to bend all that much. Maybe I should try that Kicker wire everybody's been talking about?

For the substage, I bought a Hifonics BXi 1206D and two Image Dynamics IDQ12V2's from my bro. I got a good deal on it and figured I didn't need to get silly loud since I'm an SQ guy and not a big fan of the whole SPL thing, but to each his own.

As for the frontstage, I will be doing an active setup. It will be powered by a Phoenix Gold x200.4 so there is plenty of power on tap. I just don't know which speakers I am going to go with yet. I am leaning towards the Seas ER18rnx after reading some good reviews over at the diyma forums.

Any recommendations for the frontstage?

Oh, and yes... pictures... they'll be up tomorrow morning. So stop your crying. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Beck

I just bought a new, to me, 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I'm already in love with it. I used to have another Cherokee, but sold it for a Taurus SHO. After having some fun with the SHO I realized that I'm a Jeep guy at heart. So I sold the SHO and bought my Jeep! Anyways, you're all wanting to see and hear about the new system...
For the head unit I went with a 880PRS, and let me tell you... this thing rocks! 16-band EQ, timing alignment and so much more. This is the right head unit for me, a big SQ guy.

All wiring is KnuKonceptz stuff. However, the power and ground cable is a little.... stiff. Doesn't like to bend all that much. Maybe I should try that Kicker wire everybody's been talking about?

For the substage, I bought a Hifonics BXi 1206D and two Image Dynamics IDQ12V2's from my bro. I got a good deal on it and figured I didn't need to get silly loud since I'm an SQ guy and not a big fan of the whole SPL thing, but to each his own.

As for the frontstage, I will be doing an active setup. It will be powered by a Phoenix Gold x200.4 so there is plenty of power on tap. I just don't know which speakers I am going to go with yet. I am leaning towards the Seas ER18rnx after reading some good reviews over at the diyma forums.

Any recommendations for the frontstage?

Oh, and yes... pictures... they'll be up tomorrow morning. So stop your crying. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Beck
yeah, i dig jeeps. i traded in my 2005 cherekee limited edition- nice suv. killer vehicle to put some tunes in. i can post a couple of pics but dont know how to on this site. i want to post an image not a link. how do you do that. the way i do it on myspace doesn't work here

yeah, i dig jeeps. i traded in my 2005 cherekee limited edition- nice suv. killer vehicle to put some tunes in. i can post a couple of pics but dont know how to on this site. i want to post an image not a link. how do you do that. the way i do it on myspace doesn't work here
Just use some image tags or the "insert image" button.

Image tags:

That should give you an image.

Yeah... anywho here are the pics...

Head Unit

Jeep001.jpg

Subs, amp is mounted on backside of box.

Jeep003.jpg

Jeep004.jpg

Wiring

Jeep007.jpg

And one blurry picture of my Jeep, what it's all going into. Hopefully I'll have a lift on it soon....

Jeep005.jpg

I should be buying mids and highs this weekend.

Keep us updated on when you get the mids in. I have yet to install my RNX's, but they've come very highly recommended.It'll probably be a few weeks before I get mine in.

You traded a Cherokee for a Taurus? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Nice Jeep you've got there. I'm hopefully going to be building my XJ for offroad, keep the GC for a street beater (LS1?), and a YJ for a rebuild project.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.