New project! what could it be?

puking? pretty sure its not since i just got it back from ford afteer i had them inspect it and change oil and fluids.
puking coolant. In that picture the white residue on the degas bottle is coolant. did they change the coolant and not wipe the spillage off the bottle.

If he were really puking in the sense you're talking about there'd be a lot more and in little tiny dots all over everything.

Thats about normal for most degas bottles, hell the degas on my tacoma has some on the outside, but by nature that is what the bottle does. So thats perfectly normal for that psd

puking? pretty sure its not since i just got it back from ford afteer i had them inspect it and change oil and fluids.
anyways

small update. last layer of resin on the pods before i do 1 final sand and put back on the door to start the bodywork.

PIC-0287.jpg

PIC-0288.jpg

are those pods chambered? what ever happened to the rule of using the same size speaker?

loooks awesome though

just wondering why everytime I see door pods now everyone just adds to the door skin and not cut out the door and recess the pod. I just think if I took the time to do all that I'd want to be comfortable while still sitting in the seat. I'm 6'3 so leg room in just about every ride is an issue I have to keep in mind. any light on the subject.? sry for posting this question on your thread just saw how you set up your pods and I couldn't sit in your truck and not destroy my knees and shins against the door pods.

just wondering why everytime I see door pods now everyone just adds to the door skin and not cut out the door and recess the pod. I just think if I took the time to do all that I'd want to be comfortable while still sitting in the seat. I'm 6'3 so leg room in just about every ride is an issue I have to keep in mind. any light on the subject.? sry for posting this question on your thread just saw how you set up your pods and I couldn't sit in your truck and not destroy my knees and shins against the door pods.
you and me both

gettin closer

PIC-0301.jpg

PIC-0302.jpg

PIC-0303.jpg

PIC-0304.jpg

u would have no issues sitting in my truck. its not exactly a small truck. these door pods do not quite stick out to the seat. reason i dont recess the pod is because if i ever want to change the pod in the future all i do is unscrew it and build a new one.

as for the different chambers ill see how they do together and ill go from there. same size speaker rule? who made that?

sorry for the semi-hijack of your thread 2000LaDe. i only wanted to bring your attention to a potential problem. your build is intriguing. the enclosure looks like Fort Knox. i have an 05 and have been looking for ideas for the door panels. i've also ordered some material to gain some experience with fiberglass.

If he were really puking in the sense you're talking about there'd be a lot more and in little tiny dots all over everything.
Thats about normal for most degas bottles, hell the degas on my tacoma has some on the outside, but by nature that is what the bottle does. So thats perfectly normal for that psd
i never indicated there was a large amount of coolant. it could just be someone filled the bottle and spilled some coolant.

no it is not normal to lose coolant through the cap of the degas bottle on a psd nor any other vehicle with a sealed coolant system.

with the 6.0 puking or coolant coming out of the degas bottle is an indication of a couple situations.

-ford had a recall #05B32 or TSB 06-3-8 to relocate the fill level on the bottles. in a towing situation or extreme duty, the system is working harder hence more pressure and was pushing coolant out the cap. by changing the level to less, ford was hoping this would solve the problem and it did for some. what's funny google degas bottle and see what it brings up....better yet google degas bottle puking.

-bad cap

-i believe i've heard that flash boiling the coolant in the EGR cooler will also push coolant out of the cap. high EGTs

-extreme cylinder pressure (lots of boost and fuel) will cause the truck to puke. i've seen guys running tuners with big tires lugging the motor creating high cylinder pressure and heat. even towing heavy can do this stock. pressure is escaping through the head gasket and being introduced into the coolant system. the 6.0 has TTY head bolts and they literally will stretch letting the head lift.

-head gaskets letting loss. on a 6.0 when a head gasket is weak or is on the verge of going south you get the same scenario as i explained above under normal driving conditions.

pretty sure ford would have told me if there was a problem since i took it in to get checked out after i bought it. its hard telling the last time the engine bay has even been cleaned. maybe i should clean it and see if it comes back.

Primed but too many flaws to paint. im gonna go ahead and install the speakers and everything and worry about painting after i finish all the pods. i have spots i must fix before i think about painting but overall for my first time making pods like this im pretty happy.

PIC-0309.jpg

in and playing. need a ground loop isolator cuz my 7800 has grounding issues and an EQ. sounds ok but need to be able to change the eq per set of speakers.

PIC-0312.jpg

PIC-0311.jpg

thanks man. it has its flaws but thats why i didnt paint them. they are loud as hell but will be louder and sound cleaner once i can turn them up without mad distortion. want to be able to control what speakers play what freq's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.