New pioneer champion pro series TS-W3002D2 4

most important thing you should look for is a good professional box designer, pay like 10-30 bucks for the design which will have specific cutouts, blueprints, the whole shebang and have your buddy build it for you, dont let your buddy design and build it for you if he's only mediocre.

Yea I looked at those hdc4 18s I think im going to get one with the highest powered sq amp cause like jeff said I'm gonna want another lol and ill already have the amp to power both. But should I get the stronger alt from SSA then?

Yea I looked at those hdc4 18s I think im going to get one with the highest powered sq amp cause like jeff said I'm gonna want another lol and ill already have the amp to power both. But should I get the stronger alt from SSA then?
Yes if you plan on running 4k+ your gonna want the biggest alt you can get along with some agm batteries, 55 amp hours for every 1000 rms your running. you can get it from mechman, dc power, singer, ohio generator which are some of the most trusted ones, you can hit them up directly at their site or from any dealer. This is gonna get costly lol....

Thats cool how much does he cost and why he outta commision?
Buck is having health problems that is why he's out of commission and normally his box designs cost no more then 30, might be less depending on simplicity of the box.

with pwk designs, this guy's a great acoustic engineer his designs cost 30-ish but a lot of people are happy with it.

I have no idea which of those to get can you give me specific batteries lol total nub here... And do I have to get a new front battery the one I have is 800 cranking amps.

This whole plan sounds horrifying. Not trying to talk you down but someone with very little experience running that much power to a sub trying to hit that low does not equal anything good. I would recommend for 18hz something more in the realm of a 05 re xxx, Tc sounds subs, adire brahma or tumult those are just some of the more well known subs to hit on the low end. Or you could get a Phoenix gold cyclone and hit 5hz.

This whole plan sounds horrifying. Not trying to talk you down but someone with very little experience running that much power to a sub trying to hit that low does not equal anything good. I would recommend for 18hz something more in the realm of a 05 re xxx, Tc sounds subs, adire brahma or tumult those are just some of the more well known subs to hit on the low end. Or you could get a Phoenix gold cyclone and hit 5hz.
I've got to agree. Running 3-4k and over right off the bat with no experience in alternators, wires, batteries, etc. is most likely going to be a disaster. Cause even if he has someone hook it all up for him he's going to run into unforeseen things he's going to have fix here and there on the fly. Unless he wants to keep going back to the installer and paying, paying, paying... I never run over 1000 rms (usually nothing over 600-700) because of the headaches. With that much power you're going to have to upgrade front speakers as well. And to keep up with that many watts on mids and highs you're going to spend another bundle.

I've got to agree. Running 3-4k and over right off the bat with no experience in alternators, wires, batteries, etc. is most likely going to be a disaster. Cause even if he has someone hook it all up for him he's going to run into unforeseen things he's going to have fix here and there on the fly. Unless he wants to keep going back to the installer and paying, paying, paying... I never run over 1000 rms (usually nothing over 600-700) because of the headaches. With that much power you're going to have to upgrade front speakers as well. And to keep up with that many watts on mids and highs you're going to spend another bundle.
Imi

I already plan on upgrading front and rear speakers. Theres no way im not doing that I love loud music and the oppurtunity is here have a little faith im capable of learning with the help of you all.

I can get all my stuff worked on free I know mechanics and a couple people who can help setting up system.
I'm not telling you not to do it. It seems like you know how much you're going to have to spend and everything so if you have people around to support you and help you set it up go for it. If I was competing I'd probably do the same thing but I'm more into SQ than SPL anyway. I respect the guys that do it but to me I'd rather go to the shows and oooh and ahhh then actually be in it. I just see what they go through in time and money and I'm not that dedicated. Lol!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.